aaa anyone with experience on sirrius - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: anyone with experience on sirrius

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             25-Oct-99  @  03:05 PM   -   anyone with experience on sirrius

quantam_17

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i have been looking at the sirrius for a few reasons sycability to audio sygnals, vocoder and it seems to have some aggressive sounds, and for bonus it has a sequencer or second choice is nova if anyone has an honest opinion about it just ramble on.
thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             16-Nov-99  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

Swift

I use one for trance/hard house type stuff and for this tpye of music it is perfect.Check out the pages of reviews here-
http://www.sonicstate.com/synth_reviews/Quasimidi_SIRIUS.cfm

Message 3/10             16-Nov-99  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

six6sicks

I've played with it but don't own it. Instead, I've got a QM-309 but I'd trade it in a second for a SIRIUS. However, I'd personally rather have the Nova than either of these because: I only use the computer to sequence, I only use my sampler for beats, I already have a great vocoder in the Virus, I need way more synth power than the Sirius offers. As far as having everything in one box? Yeahh, baby, that's fuckin boss. BUT I know for sure that if I took it to the club I'd wan't to use my sampler so I'd have to use my computer to sequence so all I'd have left is a pretty basic synth. I guess if your into minimal techno you can't beat the convenience and Oh did I say it sounds great? I wish I could settle for just the sounds that this baby makes cuz my studio would be so much more portable. I hope my indecisiveness has not confused you too much.  

Message 4/10             19-Nov-99  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

Swift

I also use a Novation Nova alongside my Sirius for trance type stuff.The Nova is capable of a wider variation of sounds than the Sirius but one thing the Sirius beats the Nova at and most other synths too is the drums which are outstanding.

Message 5/10             19-Nov-99  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

R-Tek

If I was into techno, I`d buy one tomorrow.......

Message 6/10             19-Nov-99  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

smokin boots

Yeah R-tek. Too bad they don't make a barn dance vesion for all us knee slappers. Techno gives me the creeps.

Message 7/10             20-Nov-99  @  06:34 AM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

R-Tek

....the attack of the "false name" Dancetechers strikes again........

Message 8/10             20-Nov-99  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

k

i just managed to D/L some mpeg audio of it - fuck !! - sounds awesome !! - the electro/kraftwerk-y/'The Message/ Survival' type demo is awesome - really authentic - i reckon it'd be a killer unit for trance too - anyways - i made a likkle demo using a loop of the Polymorph... and added it as RA-audio to the Polymorph page - gotta get the Sirius demo's encoded to RA also and upload 'em to the Sirius page here for a fast listening experience.... I'm impressed !! (and that Polymorph rocks too !!)

if anyones got any Sirius or Polymorph 'user' comments, feel free to add some at the newly added pages (a bit sparse, but i just wanted to add 'em into the listings...)

Message 9/10             27-Nov-99  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

Ison

I have the Polymorph.
Some minor ommisions are the lack of an ability to give each of the four sequences their own midi channel for control of external devices.
Unison Rotate and stack mode all use sequencer one rather than being freely assignable.
For example if you want more than 16 steps per sequence and yet you also want stack mode it is not possible.
Those horrid oscillator 2 and 3 waveforms should be replaced with identical versions of oscillator 1 wave.
I would like to see the LFO under an ADSR control for pwm the oscillators to.
I would like to see the effect parameters available for control by the LFO and ASDR.
I would like to see the ADSR with sub ADSR for greater envelope shaping.
I would like to see the Oscillator one waveforms with their own individual auxilliary oscillators for sync mode rather than just a single Sync mode.
I would like to see the filters with variable dB per Octave slopes under control of LFO and ADSR and even ADSR controling LFO rate for control of the cutoff slope.
As it stands this machine is still quite cool but could be more than the sum of its parts with more work.

Message 10/10             22-Dec-99  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: anyone with experience on sirrius

syrusate

I had a sirus, but sold it to buy a virus, i am now happy. In my opinion putting all these cool features into one synth took away from the sound quality. I still love the sirius, but i needed something more pwerful sound wise, and didnt like the drums in the sirius so after that you only have 3 voices to use, compared to the virus? Still i miss my sirius, it was perfect for live use. I may buy one again later.

syrusate

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)