aaa Juno106 sub-bass dead - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

22-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Juno106 sub-bass dead

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             10-Nov-99  @  05:18 PM   -   Juno106 sub-bass dead

tofu

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I got a cheapie juno106 from the local music store, but i just noticed that every sixth key the sub-oscillator is dead. where would i go to get a replacement for it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             11-Nov-99  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

k

where are you?

Message 3/10             13-Nov-99  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

digiphallus

Sounds like a vca/vcf chip, although if it's just the one waveform, it might be an oscillator chip. The vca/vcf's are about $30 a pop. I suppose the dco chips would be similar. These cheap integrated type IC chips that Roland started using back in the 80's to cut costs are the main repair hell that you'll go through with synths like the 106. If you find someplace selling the chips on MITECH (I couldn't) you might be able to replace the chip yourself...but info and schematics on this aren't easy to find (the Technocracy likes it like that ;). If you have a local Roland approved repair shop nearby, they can probably repair it for around $70 if it's just one chip. I had 2 chips go out on me...total cost by repair tech: $115. The Juno106 are great synths, but alot of them got these bad chips apparently.

Message 4/10             13-Nov-99  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

R-Tek

...didn`t the man like Kilo mention something about a dodgy batch of 106`s that went out from the factory in the synth section of Dancetech?........I love the sound of `em, but that kinda scared me off.....big-time...

Message 5/10             14-Nov-99  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

digiphallus

yeah, it's true. Even Roland admitted it in a Tech's bulletin way back. Not all of them have this problem, but most probably alot of the ones on the used market have this faulty chips...how can you really tell? The best thing is not to buy one unless you can really get some hands on time with it and listen to all the voices to tell if one note or notes are starting to sound "weak" or not in congruence with the rest of the notes. It's unfortunate, becuase like you said, they have a great sound.

Message 6/10             17-Nov-99  @  04:10 AM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

influx

Link?:  Link

also try www.synthtech.com...

Im pretty sure that guy has those chips..you could put em in yourself I think..or it would be cheaper at a shop if you have the chips

Message 7/10             21-Nov-99  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

JUNO2711

I HAD A 106 ONCE BUT IT DIED. I BURIED IT IN THE GARDEN WITH MY DOG!

Message 8/10             25-Nov-99  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

subzerox

well people i guess im lucky
my juno-106 is perfect nothing wrong at all and its been around for years and danm good condition
*smug* =)

Message 9/10             29-Nov-99  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

tofu

I'm in the Washington, DC Area ... well now something else has gone wrong too. Now, even when I don't select a voice (saw or square) I still hear a half-volume saw voice. Happens with every voice ... and the filter sounds messed up too, almost distorted ...

strange!! Happens at all volumes ...

Message 10/10             16-Dec-99  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Juno106 sub-bass dead

horizens

buy another one. they are so many of them going for ~$300us that it doesn't make much sense to sink a lot of money into one that has numerous problems.

btw, where are you in d.c.? i grew up there and lived in the tenleytown/georgetown area.

you could take it to chuck levin's and have the synth guy take a look at it. if i remember, their number is 301-946-8808.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)