aaa Help with old analog module - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Help with old analog module

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Mar-00  @  06:04 AM   -   Help with old analog module

elmacaco

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everybody, I am appealing to you all as I have no experience in this sort of thing and am hoping for a break, here's the problem:
I have stumbled across a roland System 100 but it is incomplete. I have only found the system 102 expander and the 104 sequencer. My question is: is there a way I can use these two without the 101 synth? Can I use a (dare I say it?) digital synth to trigger the sounds, or maybe something I can find cheap? Any help on what I can use to trigger it would be very helpful. I think I can get them both very cheap but I want to know if I can use them before I do so. Thanks,

Eduardo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             17-Mar-00  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: Help with old analog module

:||CHAMBER||:

If I remember correctly the old Rolands use the same CV configuration that the Moogs and Arps used. Depending on where you live you could pick up something like an Arp Odyssey or Axxe and use them to trigger the Roland with CV.

Also take a look at the Technosaurus Microcon II. It is a little analog synth module that sells for under $400 and it has CV and MIDI. www.drummachine.com is where you can read about them.

But I think you get the general idea. Just find something with CV outs and you are fine. Keep looking around on the net too. Occassionally I've seen the synth for sale. A complete System 100 would be really nice to have. Good luck though.

Message 3/6             20-Mar-00  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Help with old analog module

casparproject

the bassstation rack also has cv outs that can be configured to work with the roland stuff. seen them going for pretty low prices lately too.

peaceout

Message 4/6             20-Mar-00  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: Help with old analog module

elmacaco

Hi all,
I've been looking at cv/midi converters and sheesh! they are expensive! the cheapest I've seen is one that comes in kit form which you build yourself, for $65. but since I'm not handy with a soldering iron, I got a recomendation for one from JKJ electronics,
www.tiac.net/users/jkjelec the cheapest being $199. that's not so bad, but that cash could go to get me other equipment, so it's a toss up so far. I think as soon as I meet someone with a soldering iron and a dream I'll see about that DIY one.
If anybody knows of other cv/midi converters for around about $100 with no assembly required, I'd be thrilled.

thanks

Message 5/6             20-Mar-00  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Help with old analog module

k

midiman? - JLcooper?

Message 6/6             28-Mar-00  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: Help with old analog module

dan_jarrett

stick to a roland if your going to use another analogue to cv it or check out the cv specs,definately korgs wont work. different manufacturers have different specs, and no moogs are not the same, they use a different voltage/octave system. Don't sell it though. If you do wait until you get the 101 which is probably the easisest part to get, saw one in ebay, Complete system 100s go for a fortune.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)