aaa New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Viewing all 58 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/58             24-Feb-98  @  10:12 PM   -   New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

orprofi

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi ,everyone. Did you hear 'bout new Yamaha's
PCI Soundcard called SW1000XG.
20(!!!)Mb of ROM,64 poly, 31 multitimbral+ 1 part of realtime VL synthesis, 7 parallel DSP 24-bit effects, 2 AD inputs (like in SW60XG) for external effect processing, S/PDIF, 24 Channel HD Recorder. The only Quetion : How much does it cost ? Well. I don't know. But if the price will be temperate-moderate i will sell my old but nice SW60XG and buy this really cool stuff.

Somebody knows the price ? Please......

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/58             26-Feb-98  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

ksoundz

I read somewhere that it would cost around $650-$700. The card can't do any sampling , but I believe Yamaha has said that if there is enough demand for it, they might provide it as on option.

-Ksoundz

Message 3/58             01-Mar-98  @  05:58 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

orprofi

Ksoundz-Thanks for information.I'll keep it in my mind.

Message 4/58             23-Mar-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

kilo

I also read, it can act as 6 stereo audio busses... that on the system it appears as 6 devices...... and you can route outputs from say VST to these busses....which are the fx busses, as it does 6 X multi-fx....... so you can send different audio tracks to fx to be processed..... then outputted to the cards stereo outs......... so i read

Message 5/58             14-Apr-98  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Any new info?

Message 6/58             14-Apr-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

daniel

a guy from yamaha told me it will be available in june for 399 (he did not said if this is in US or UK currency)

any other noise?

Message 7/58             15-Apr-98  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

bart

Yet another rumour:

A guy on IRC has bought a preliminary version in the UK for only 220 punds.

Message 8/58             06-May-98  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jonha

a guy at yamaha said "the expexted street price is 400 pounds."
seems quite resonable!!

Message 9/58             21-May-98  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

cvh1

from what i have read about the sw1000xg...u can create wav-midi compositions? Can u record more than one track simultaneously.......how can this be done. Does the sw1000xg come with a breakout box. Can i do without the DSP factory card for awhile until i get enuff funds or is it a must to have? .

Message 10/58             07-Jun-98  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

varto

Here is the question:
If this card will suport DLS, how come it can not play sampled sounds. I think this is not a big problem for guys in Yamaha. About the price I heard it will be less then 250 UK pounds.

Message 11/58             07-Jun-98  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

po

When is gonna be available? Checking their site everyday but no news. Yamaha was going to start shipping in May though.

Message 12/58             10-Jun-98  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Rodsta

Can you create multi-layered QS-300 type voices on it (like you can crate 2 layer voices on the DB and SW PC XG cards)? With detailed parameter control like LFO fade time, cutoff and volume scaling break points, pitch scaling etc?

Message 13/58             17-Jun-98  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG - price?

Rodsta

On Yamaha's site is says "for less than 1000 UK pounds, you could have......basically the heart of the 02R mixing desk, with the heart of the MU100..." (i.e. and SW1000XG and a DS2416).

Since the DS2416 is being advertised already at 700 pounds, the SW1000XG should hopefully be under 300 pounds !!

Message 14/58             24-Jul-98  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

dudkat

oes anyone know if and when the SW1000XG will actually be available? I cannot get a straight answer from anyone on this

thankx

Message 15/58             26-Jul-98  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

I'm curious about the sound quality of the SW1000XG.
How does it compare to a DB50XG?

Message 16/58             26-Jul-98  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Charlie

So what is the DSP2416 (or whatever its called)?
Tell me! I'm baffled chaps!

Message 17/58             26-Jul-98  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Will

The quality of the sounds on the SW1000 will be much better than the DB50 because it has so much more ROM (20 megs instead of 4) and the samples of the wave table instruments will not suffer from the same compression as on the DB50, the SW1000 will also be able to support more elements to its sounds. The DB50 sounds can have a max of 2 but i recon the SW1000 will support 4 or more because its basically a MU100R on a card!

Message 18/58             26-Jul-98  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Will

Oh- and the DS2416 is a digital mixing card NOT a synth of any sort. Its basically an O2R with 24 channel digital mixing + 16 tracks of HD recording at 32 bit resolution (max). Its also got onboard effects and stuff so as to not chip into your CPU. Cool!

Message 19/58             26-Jul-98  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

kilo

try reading the dsp page here..... also, remember the sw1000 is hundreds to buy... the db50 is like 120 quid.....

Message 20/58             26-Jul-98  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Will

Well said Kilo. With the arrival of the SW1000, DB50's will be a pitance and you can get em secondhand now for 50 quid. Hving said that though the SW1000 does got some mad FX and 7 busses rather than 3.

Message 21/58             26-Jul-98  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Astroman

hell... the db50 is already down to $80 new over here in the states... its unbelievable... this card still totally blows me away... do much power for so little money.

Message 22/58             27-Jul-98  @  08:14 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

adamb

do u mean the dsp factory is only a mixing card and you will have to get an additional sound card aswell?

Message 23/58             27-Jul-98  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

kilo

yes.... the dsp card system can link with internal ribbon connectors tho, to the sw1000 synth card.... it's a system.....

Message 24/58             28-Jul-98  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

david

I've heard from Yamaha UK that the SW1000XG will be released (in the UK) on Sept 1.

Message 25/58             28-Jul-98  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Rouge

Lies Lies Lies.

Message 26/58             31-Aug-98  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

dudkat

So what is happening here? Is this card "vapor-ware"? Does anyone have any relaible info on this card? They have been plugging it for 4 months or more. This is very poor business practice from a reputable firm.

Message 27/58             31-Aug-98  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

david

Yamaha UK say it'll be released on Oct 1. If you believe that, you'll believe anything, considering how often the release date has been pushed back. Also, the price seems to have crept up. Yamaha's original hype for the SW1000XG indicated that the combined price for the DSP Factory and SW1000XG would be less than £1000; the DSP Factory is now being advertised for £699 and it seems that the SW1000XG will sell for £499. Don't you love them... Personally, I'm going for CreamWare's Pulsar, which should knock the spots off Yamaha's products.

Message 28/58             16-Sep-98  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

shtoormann

Anybody! I need full technikal information about subject.
Help me!!!!

Message 29/58             20-Sep-98  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

tom

i want this card...but again, the date has now slipped to sometime
in november. i just hope they mean 1998!

Message 30/58             20-Sep-98  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

genie

Has anyone considered Creamware's Pulsar, Which has 20 I/O's among other things (modular, FM synths, mixer, FX.......) ?

Message 31/58             21-Sep-98  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flackt

I have both SW1000XG & DS2416, I got both from a Japanese retailer and both are pretty cool. You can link them together using a cable and route SW1000XG audio&midi into any DS2416 channel.

Message 32/58             22-Sep-98  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Could you give some more info on the retailer, and if that version works with an american ibm pc (perhaps a stupid question ;) ) Is it worth waiting for the official release?

Message 33/58             22-Sep-98  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

How much was SW1000XG?

Message 34/58             24-Sep-98  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flackt

The card was about $570 US and the PLG 100 VL board was about $130. I bought it from a Japanese retailer (check www.soundonsound.com) and all the soft and manuals came in Japanese so I can't really use them. The card comes with XG Works for SW1000XG wich is really cool, so, maybe you guys should wait until either an european or american version comes out, I'm working my way to get an english cd. The driver works fine though.
I use the card along with Cakewalk and it does a pretty fine job, it's really easy to create an studioware panel to automate your mix since everything in the built-in hardware mixer is controlled using midi data unlike the DS2416. I also purchased XGEdit v 2.6 wich now fully supports this card.

Regards

Message 35/58             24-Sep-98  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

atrius

Thanx for the info

Message 36/58             25-Sep-98  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jhall

I read in Future Music that the card had the same chip as is in the A3000 sampler and they hinted that Yamaha may release a sampling daughter board for the Card some time soon.

I wonder if anyone has any more info. / rumours.

I would buy one tomorrow if I knew the sampler board was coming.. . .

Message 37/58             26-Sep-98  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flack

Yeah, I've heard those rumours too but for now they are just that, rumours....  

Message 38/58             30-Sep-98  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

i very interested on this board but i'm just a beginer on recording area
i was reading the chat and i have i question :

i read that the board cant be a sampler, what this mean ? (cant i convert my midi filies on audio tracks )

Message 39/58             30-Sep-98  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

i read that the board cant be a sampler, what this mean ? (cant i convert my midi filies on audio tracks )

Message 40/58             30-Sep-98  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

iamar

Message 41/58             30-Sep-98  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flack

A sampler is basically a device wich has memory you can upload your samples into. It has, too, usually a midi interface and you can connect a keyboard to it. When you play a note on the keyboard it sends a midi message to the sampler and it varies the pitch of the original sample you uploaded according to the note you played on the keyboard.
As you see it has nothing to do with recording midi files to audio. Don't worry, you will be able to do that with the SW1000XG. (It has an internal loopback driver for that purpose).

Regards

Message 42/58             05-Oct-98  @  04:30 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

iamar

no news about SW1000XG ????????
who have fresher news about
release date ???? Price ?????

and DSP is already available : where ?? how much costs ???

Message 43/58             08-Oct-98  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

mknezovic

I see on www.cubase.com in news section that SW1000 cost £499 , PLG100-VL cost £199 and PLG100-VH
cost £99. Hm...maybe it isnt so much when you look specifications...Very impresive....
You can buy it in UK, but not yet in Germany. I know that bicause i live in Croatia and i call some peoples
and companies. They think that SW1000 will be on Croatian market in November. I hope...
So, if anyone has something new, write!

Message 44/58             08-Oct-98  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jet

AT least! According to harmony central site Yamaha gonna start shipping to Europe next week . No price mentioned though

Message 45/58             11-Oct-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

will the card be fully compatible with vst?
As I have a maxi hspro64 and i've had loads of timing problems , also does anyone know the release date I heard it was going to be the 3rd week in october?

Message 46/58             13-Oct-98  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

ben

I read on the Yamaha UK site that the card is DirectX 5+ compatible. I take it this means I would be able to use it as a normal windoze soundcard (for those moments when I'm feeling unispired)?

Anyone confirm this?

Cheers,

Ben.

Message 47/58             13-Oct-98  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jet

Yeah if it's DirectX compatible you can use with almost every modern s/w

Message 48/58             13-Oct-98  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

iamar

In a American Site where can i find DS2416 anybody Knows ?

Message 49/58             13-Oct-98  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jeroen

Is it possible to upload soundbanks or wave's on this card, or what....

I now have a yamaha sw60xg and an soundblaster awe32 with 8 meg's of sample rom, this is all ready pretty cool, but I need something extra....like that sw1000xg.

Could anyone give me an e-mail as soon as this wonderfull card is available?

And could anyone mail me some info about that Creamware Pulsar?

Thanx...

Message 50/58             14-Oct-98  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jet

You can't upload any new waves or samples but you can purchase add-on optional VL-synth board (256 patches) and DX7 board...also you can change ROM presets with lots of FX with new XG1000 XGEdit (probably would be included in card package).......also as far as I know Yamaha is planning to release a sampler board in ther future.

Message 51/58             14-Oct-98  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

ben

Does anoyone know where to get hold of one of these in the UK? Turnkey reckoned next week - but Turnkey have a habit of talking crap. They also quoted a price of £449. Does this sound about right?

Cheers,

Ben.

Message 52/58             14-Oct-98  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

david

I have a SW1000XG on back order from Sound Solutions. £449 seems to be the final price. The first shipment of cards are expected this week, but it's said that they're all spoken for. The hold up seems to be due to translating documentation rather than hardware or software.

David

Message 53/58             16-Oct-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

m010726

449 Pounds is too much! I ordered mine from a local music store for 525 DOLLARS. That is substantially cheaper, considering a UK pound is goin for 1.6 - 1.8 dollars!! Don't go through mail order or the internet! Talk to a salesman! I heard that Guitar Center (USA) is getting a large portion of the shipment due on Oct 31. Their salesmen are young guys who don't care what they sell it for because they don't get commissions! They'l probably sell one for $500-$550 if you talk em down!

2nd shipment is due in November.

Message 54/58             17-Oct-98  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Atrius

You had to say that after I just paid $700.00 for one did'nt ya.  Oh well cest la vie. I got the same information and am on the list for the 2nd shipment, which they said was late november.

Message 55/58             20-Oct-98  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

forestmuse

currently I have one on order from the guitar centre. here in usa.
the release date was meant to have been oct 16 - 17.
the price is $699.00 US.. LIST PRICE.. actual price ?? could be a bit lower.
not sure where I am on the list grin.
will be ringing my store tomorrow to check up.

I got the dsp card ( it was given to me as a present and I needed to get the sw1000xg one FIRST>>>>> so i had to send em back POUT.. but will be getting the dsp and the audio extension later).
and the audio plug in box ( the one that goes in front of cpu with the lovely preamp for mikes etc.
IMPRESSIVE CARD..........

hope the sw1000xg is as good.
( i have a yamaha vl70m tone generator ready to use.. and a wx11 wind controller and cAKEWALK 8)

am waiting with bated breath...
(got a awe64 gold.. and it kept conflicting and crashing .. BLOOMING doorstop material.. good for games but NOT for audio recording.).

great list here will keep you informed..

forestmuse

Message 56/58             26-Oct-98  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

cckavan

I ordered one two weeks ago. Salesman said that it will cost about FIM 4000 (about $800). I think that salesman is pissing me off because it doesn't cost $200 - $350 to ship one to Finland. Anyway I've been waiting for this card for sooo long that I don't really care if I have to pay little more but this is way too much.

Message 57/58             29-Oct-98  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

dj_creation2

I purchased one to day in the UK- I got it for £410 which is a bloody good price.
I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet but it looks pretty good- much better than my Maxisound HSP64 by a long way.

Message 58/58             30-Oct-98  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jed

Yamaha has set up a special sw1000xg site at www.xgfactory.com

Viewing all 58 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 58 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)