aaa Advice needed... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Advice needed...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             20-Apr-98  @  04:15 PM   -   Advice needed...

micha.labbe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Which souncard do you suggest me to buy
AWE64 Gold, DB50XG or SW1000XG.
(Others... maybe?)

I need one for MIDI-sequencing
I'm a techno-freak but I need real instruments too.

PS.
Money is NO problem.

PSē
Does anyone know how to record the output from the soundcard to a *.wav-file using no external units, but only software.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Apr-98  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Advice needed...

unity69

If I were you, I would choose Ensoniq AudioPCI no matter if money is problem for you or not. It gives fucking good audio quality to your recordings and you can connect your midi gear into it too. It's cheaper than any of those card you mentioned and you can buy like some second hand synth with the money you just saved to get better synths sounds than any of the worlds awe64's. Still you get better recording quality than with awe.

Look for more information in a message I put out in this area couple a days ago, ok?

Message 3/5             21-Apr-98  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: Advice needed...

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!

Which software do you intend to use (sequencer, HRD-software)?

There might be some problems with different cards in combination with some software-products.

Ciao

Clemens

Message 4/5             24-Apr-98  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Advice needed...

vetayase

My choice would be AWE64 Gold, especially considering that you like techno (so do I). It has great noise to sound ratio, plus SPDIF digital connection. Also, best thing is that you can put lots of RAM (up 28 mb; i have that on my awe32) on it - i think using PCI card and using system RAM degrades performance of system, not to mention software supported 64 voices (32 hardware, 32 software -BUT you can add a waveblaster add on card to support 32 additional in hardware). And best thing for techno freaks like us is that there are LOTs and TONS of tekno soundfonts (creative labs instrument format) out on the net; and there are awe32/64 Hardware supported trackers and module players (i.e. Impulse Tracker). The only actual disadvantage i would say about the awe32, i'm not sure with the awe64, is that the EMU 8000 synth chip used can only pitch shift a sample +/- 2 octaves and does not have real time resonance filter setting (but filter itself is real time).

Message 5/5             24-Apr-98  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: Advice needed...

http://bunji.realitycom.com/kiilo4-3/chat/chai-car

I Like a guy what should I do?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)