aaa awe 64 gold card - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: awe 64 gold card

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             10-May-98  @  06:16 AM   -   awe 64 gold card

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello from down under. i guess this kind of question may just bore you all to tears but here it goes.... i'm about to spend a considerable wad of cash on a system which i have specced to be suitable for audio production in as many forms as possible. the above card is touted as "one of the best" but is this a true description or is it just the marketing blurb from creative. to get pro quality from my s/c to i need to dig deeper than just the average pc retailer? like a pro audio shop, etc? i've got a big, fast hdd and some high quality monitor speakers w/ sub-woofer, fast cpu and excellent m/b, etc but is this all wasted through a creative card? thanx for any help. please mail me at newmz@hotmail.com as well as posting here.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             11-May-98  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: awe 64 gold card

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!

....itīs just the marketing blurb from creative.....

Ciao

Clemens

Message 3/5             12-May-98  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: awe 64 gold card

kilo

agreed...they are shite...... remeber we are talking about a company who for years didn't even bother to add in it's advertising that the cards had s/pdif.... the reason ?... they reckoned no-one would be interested.... so er.... no.... is the answer..... try d-man.... T-beach... maxisound.. event..... etc etc.

Message 4/5             12-May-98  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: awe 64 gold card

steve_hunt

You gets what you pays for. They're cheap! I got one mainly for playing games on. I also have a TB Maui which is no better and used to have a TB Multisound which was very quiet but very expensive. I've found that I used the AWE64G most of the time and sold the Multisound in the end. It's fine. And they DO work full duplex if you persevere with setting them up properly.
When I've saved up I'll probably get a Layla or similar, but if you're poor like me they're ok...

Message 5/5             16-May-98  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: awe 64 gold card

nullaqua

Just wondered if they were such thing as a ISA extension cable, so I could get my AWE out of the box to reduce the interference.

Are they any other method of reducing it ? Like rapping it in tin foil or something ?

I think AWE64 is ok, apart from the lack of shielding.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)