aaa Tropez Problems - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Tropez Problems

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             11-May-98  @  12:15 PM   -   Tropez Problems

dj_creation2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The problem is this-
A few years back I purchased a tropez sound card and it worked fine for a few months. Then for no reason the wavetable synth part on the card stopped working. As it was still under garantuee I was sent a new card, this worked fine for a few months then again the synth part of the card nolonger worked. By this time it was out of garantuee so I was offered a tropez plus sound card for wholesale at seventy pounds. Again this worked fine but yes you've guessed it after a few months the synth part of the card had blown. So by this time I came to the conclusion that it must be something up with my computer that is causing the problems. So the other week I purchased a p-233 computer, and fitted the new replacement tropez plus sound card. However the other day the computer shop who has built my new computer and fitted the sound card phoned and said that the synth part of the card has stopped working and the card is turning off the A drive and conflicting with the harddrive, so:
1. Has anyone else had the same problem or heard of this happening before?
2. Every time I remove the faulty card from the machine it feels rather hot, could it be over heating and if so can you get some sort of cooling system for inside the computer that can over come this?
3. Why is the card conflicting with the A and C drive?
4. If no one here knows the answer, do you know of someone that might?
Thanks for your time.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-May-98  @  12:16 PM   -   Tropez Problems

dj_creation2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The problem is this-
A few years back I purchased a tropez sound card and it worked fine for a few months. Then for no reason the wavetable synth part on the card stopped working. As it was still under garantuee I was sent a new card, this worked fine for a few months then again the synth part of the card nolonger worked. By this time it was out of garantuee so I was offered a tropez plus sound card for wholesale at seventy pounds. Again this worked fine but yes you've guessed it after a few months the synth part of the card had blown. So by this time I came to the conclusion that it must be something up with my computer that is causing the problems. So the other week I purchased a p-233 computer, and fitted the new replacement tropez plus sound card. However the other day the computer shop who has built my new computer and fitted the sound card phoned and said that the synth part of the card has stopped working and the card is turning off the A drive and conflicting with the harddrive, so:
1. Has anyone else had the same problem or heard of this happening before?
2. Every time I remove the faulty card from the machine it feels rather hot, could it be over heating and if so can you get some sort of cooling system for inside the computer that can over come this?
3. Why is the card conflicting with the A and C drive?
4. If no one here knows the answer, do you know of someone that might?
Thanks for your time.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)