aaa Guillemot VS Ensoniq - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Guillemot VS Ensoniq

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             14-May-98  @  04:53 AM   -   Guillemot VS Ensoniq

pryority

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ensoniq, $45, Home Studio 64, $200! What can I do with the Guillemot card that I can't do with the Ensoniq? I'm just a hobbiest interested in recording sounds from CD's and adding sythezized sounds using software or other sound files. Do both theses cards use the same software to fit these sounds together into one playback file? How about the software to make the synthesized sounds ie. drum and keyboard sounds? Can the same be used for both? What are the names of the software?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             14-May-98  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Guillemot VS Ensoniq

alugo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The 64 gives you the ability to record 8 audio tracks at once (which is more than enough for your needs). On top of the generic sound card connections (Line In/Out, Mic, and Speaker), you get the following connections:
Surround, S/PDIF In/Out, And Stereo RCA Line In/Out (everything from S/PDIF on is on a separate bracket, kind of like having two cards in one!!) The card is expandable with regular SIMM chips and you get the Dream chip for digital sound processing.

If all you want to do is record CD's into your computer you may not want this card...but it sounds like to me that you'll be working with a lot of audio...and you get all of those inputs/outputs!!!

Note: The only problem I see with the 64 is the fact that it's not a PCI card. Regardless of what Microsoft says,
I think us regular computer users will have ISA slots in our computers for a while so this really isn't a problem.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)