aaa !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             04-Jul-98  @  09:40 PM   -   !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

Clemens.Kurtz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi to all Maxi- Soundcard users out there !!

Please check out the French - Site of Guillemotīs homepage and move to the drivers - download area.

Download the file maxi64utils1.zip and check out the new features of this prog.

Well, its beta- version, but Iīve tested it successfully on my PC and ......... its great !!

Ciao and have fun

Clemens

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             29-Jul-98  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

Here's one for Clemens.
I've recently seen a head to head of soundcards in a magazine
in which the Maxi Sound 64 Dynamic 3D came out with top marks
all round. (Priced at Ģ80 UK too!). As an experienced user of a Maxi Sound,
would you recommend it? What are the disadvantages of using this card?
I'd be primarily using it for midi sequencing and would also need to drive some
external synth modules. Lastly, do you know which sequencers are compatible?

Cheers,
Paul Beecham.

Message 3/10             29-Jul-98  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

paul.beecham

Here's one for Clemens.
I've recently seen a head to head of soundcards in a magazine
in which the Maxi Sound 64 Dynamic 3D came out with top marks
all round. (Priced at Ģ80 UK too!). As an experienced user of a Maxi Sound,
would you recommend it? What are the disadvantages of using this card?
I'd be primarily using it for midi sequencing and would also need to drive some
external synth modules. Lastly, do you know which sequencers are compatible?

Cheers,
Paul Beecham.

Message 4/10             29-Jul-98  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!

The dynamic 3D has the same Midi features as MS PRO does have. Audio recording is at 16 bit, 44,1 kHz, PRO at 18 bit, 48kHz. Dynamic 3D has no digital I/O.

Disadvantages? Hmmm.... I didnīt find out any (except the -3dB truoble of the digital board of the PRO version).

Compatibility? Well, should work with all sequencers which can accept WIN 95/98 soundcards.

I work with Home-Studio 1 and Home- Studio PRO (2 PCīs) and the sequencers from Emagic (Logic), Yamaha (XG-Works),
Steinberg (VST) and Voyetra (Digital Orch. PRO) without any trouble.

Ciao

Clemens

Message 5/10             28-Aug-98  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

floatpoint

--- Anyone know if they have fixed the problems with
the digital I/O on Home studio pro ????
You know the -2 db one....

Thomas

Message 6/10             31-Aug-98  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

rvogel33

I bought this card and package to multitrack record guitar/bass/drums/synth etc, and the sound quality is poor, a bit too sampled sounding. I didn't do alot of research into sound cards before hand, but I now know that 16 bit cards arent as clear as the 20 bit ones (the Gina card and the Midiman 2044 are 20 bit, as well as a number of others). Guess I just had to find out the hard way, by the time I found out that the card wouldn't do what I wanted it to do, it was too late to send it back.
A lack of research on my part. I'm sure the card works well in certain applications, just not for what I wanted.

Message 7/10             01-Sep-98  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

rvogel33

If anyone is interested in this card, and would like to buy it at a good discount, write to me! I'm selling mine. Thanks.

Message 8/10             01-Sep-98  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

Clemens

How much?

Message 9/10             06-Sep-98  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

dealbu

hi i m french i use a hspro 64 with cubase vst3.553 and i always have this message"wave device is lost error codeFF8" the problem is that i can't synchronise the audio buffers could somone help me please !,thanks a lot

Message 10/10             06-Sep-98  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: !! ** Maxi-Sound HSP-New Utilities ** !!

Clemens

Go to the ASIO setup and set your card to DMA-method for synchronisation if you use the DREAM Wave-outputs.

If you use the CS4232 wave-out you can switch to the sample-position method for synchronisation.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)