aaa TB Daytona PCI: UPDATE - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: TB Daytona PCI: UPDATE

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             10-Jul-98  @  11:30 AM   -   TB Daytona PCI: UPDATE

Mike

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I had a TB Daytona and was V.V.V.V.V disapointed with the audio recording quality. The amount of noise was ridiculous. When I turned on the audio meters in Cakewalk - they were about a third up - just with a mic plugged in!!!!!!!, let alone anything going through it.

Anyway, I sent it back to Etcetera - they said there was nothing wrong with it - I demanded a refund because it was useless to me and they gave me most of the money back. SO DON'T BE FOOLED _ JUST BECAUSE ITS A TURTLE BEACH DOESNT MEAN TO SAY ITS ANY GOOD.

I'm back with my 16 quid Yamaha OPL3 clone until I get a replacement, but I am impressed by the quality of this Yamaha - there is minimal noise and the frequency response is excellent - and I've been recording mainly acoustic guitar on it. Its easily as good as my old Tascam 4 track. I'm running it with Cakewalk Pro Audio on a K6 300 with 64MB and I've done up to 8 mono acoustic audio tracks and applied effects on each one. No snap crackle and pops and no jumping or stopping.

Anyway, thats my little story for today.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             31-Jul-98  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: TB Daytona PCI: UPDATE

dsimpson

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a TB Daytona and have none of the above. I
found the card is very noisy when the CD channell on
the mixer is up. Apart from that a good card.
Dave

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)