aaa More midi sounds on a standard soundcard - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: More midi sounds on a standard soundcard

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             23-Jul-98  @  01:05 PM   -   More midi sounds on a standard soundcard

gjdseale

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have cubase vst 3.5 running on my new laptop which will be eventually encorporated into a studio setup but at the momment I would like to know if there is a way of getting more midi sounds, banks, patches whatever with use of only a standard sound card, can anyone help ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             23-Jul-98  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: More midi sounds on a standard soundcard

Astroman

Hmm... if it wasnt a laptop Id recomend getting the Yamaha db50xg... but since its a laptop... nevermind. One possiblity, depending on the speed of your computer, is to get one of these Yamaha S-YXG50 midi softwynths that are XG compatable... these will give you something in the range of 500 voices.... and all you need is a computer with a fast processor and lots of RAM. Heres a link to the Yamaha page for the S-YXG50. Im not sure how well this will work for composing in Cubase, but its worth a try, and I think there's a free demo to download. Another idea is to get a softsynth such as VAZ or Rubberduck. These are fully midi controllable from Cubase or Cakewalk... for more info on these programs check out Kilo's synth section on this site.... excellent write ups on these programs and lots others...

Message 3/3             09-Aug-98  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: More midi sounds on a standard soundcard

Armand

Check this out:

http://www.emu.com/8710.html

Might be worth it.

A

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)