aaa Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             12-Aug-98  @  05:57 AM   -   Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

csoldano

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

when I first got my computer I did'nt know squat
about Digital recording on PC so I bought the 2044
on recomendation from salesguy. Does anyone use this card ? whats their opinion ? I for one think
it sounds sonically good but I'm having a problem
using INS 1 + 2 in Full Duplex mode in Cake 7
There developes Crackling in my left channel recording so I can only record in INS 3 + 4 right now. Anyone else with this problem?

Midiman tech support is supposed to have a new driver, but geeze I bought this a while ago and this is still not fixed

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             31-Aug-98  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

macadama

Are all of inputs line or you can use them as mic input ?
What's the price of Midiman Dman 2044 ?
I don't use it.
Thank You.

Message 3/19             01-Sep-98  @  05:46 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

csoldano

The inputs are line inputs - switchable from +4(pro) or
-10(semi-pro) via jumpers on card itself. I set them to +4
and send the signal hotter from my mixer. It sounds good
but there is a crackle problem on my card and some others
out there(probally a driver problem). It costs about $250
in U.S , not sure of UK price

Message 4/19             21-Sep-98  @  07:36 PM   -   I LOVE MIDIMAN!!

destroy2k

I LOVE THE CARD.

I LOVE THE SUPPORT!!
I had a problem I emailed them, they get back to emails within one working day!! We thought that it was a hardware problem with the card, so that second he gave me an RMA # so I could return the card and get an immediate replacement!!!! We ended up fixing the problem and the card now works great.

MIDIMAN is a GR8 company, and they make a great product. I am gonna buy the breakout box for it too!!

L8er
-D2k

Message 5/19             22-Sep-98  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

csoldano

OK great for you, but before you sent it back, did you have a crackle problem or not ?

Message 6/19             23-Sep-98  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

kulrich

In regard to the crackle problem with the Dman 2044, I had the same problem but adjusted the graphics level of my system (233MHz Pentium) as suggested in the Dman manual on p. 26 (in the troubleshooting section). The popping/crackling disappeared after that.

Message 7/19             14-Oct-98  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

m.j.w.sipkema

I use the 2044 with cubase VST. I did have the crackling problem, but I think the newer drivers should fix this. I have not yet tried it though.

I was wondering if someone knows the best asio settings for the card. It loses sync in the asio test at 44Khz (it does not at 48), although it isn't noticeable when recording a song. The crackling problem is.

Also does anyone know if midiman is going to release asio drivers for windows-based systems. This would probably improve latency and sync, so I'm really hoping they will.

It would also be nice if the dsp were to be given more functions. so if anyone knows anything about that, please let me know

Message 8/19             14-Oct-98  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

cHARLIE

The new driver on their website fixed it for me - but now I have no DSP reverb or chorus !!
Anyway they emailed a message about getting that to work, I hope the driver or whatever they
put out will improve the DSP functions on the card, I'm not even sure that would be possible.

With the older driver the DSP was nothing to get excited about but at least it was there. Now its
no crackle but no DSP either.

Message 9/19             15-Oct-98  @  04:31 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

Rhett

Just wondering on everybodys opinion on this vs. the Darla. What software does this come with? I am thinking of getting this, then I could use 4 modules and have them going into the inputs to record, whereas with the Darla, 4 outputs does not fit into 2 inputs, so I would need a mixer (I think, I am a newbie, so I am guessing here.) Thanks for any input
Rhett

Message 10/19             06-Nov-98  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

marcus.chadwick

i've just bought a dman 2044 installation was successful, but when I use it in cubase vst, it wont sync in the asio control panel, and I could't get it to record full duplex, then finally when it was looking like it was full duplex, the output from the recorded signal was at least 3 seconds behind anyone have the same problem or have any suggestions?

Message 11/19             11-Nov-98  @  05:41 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

I have 2044.Ive used it for 6 mos the latest driver at the midiman site fixes the crackling
problem.Therefore you dont need to do any graphics ajustments.The onboard chorus and reverb
are far from high quality so who cares if they dont work with the new driver,I havent even bothered
to check.

musiacl5

Message 12/19             11-Nov-98  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

Charlie

Yeah, but the mention of the DSP stuff pisses me off(the adverts, box etc.) if sux or doesnt exist

Message 13/19             13-Nov-98  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ? HELP!!

Spencerman

I sucessfully installed the 2044 in my Compaq 233 using Cakewalk 6.0, and it was working. Then it stopped, and crashes any time I try to use the 2044, or the 2044 simply won't play or record if the pc doesn't crash.

Midiman says "we haven't had much luck with Compaqs...." Anyone have a solution?

Message 14/19             13-Nov-98  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

Charlie

Frankly, I am sick of the card at the moment

Message 15/19             13-Nov-98  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . HELP !!!

smitty9932

hi i'm using dman 2044 and cakewalk 6.0
i'm having problems recording audio tracks without my midi tracks bouncing to them
i just cant seem to figure this one out.

HELP !!!!!!!

Message 16/19             24-Nov-98  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

Lettus Be

Link?:  Link

So has anyone got this card to fully work? I'm considering
This card vs a AVM Apex pro.

Message 17/19             26-Nov-98  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

musical5

I own a dman 2044 card and I love it.The latest drivers take care of the crackling problems.
Im thinking of buying a second one if I find out the sync is solid.There is a new gadget labs
card out soon with 8 in and 8 out at 24 bit though.Im hoping the sync is good with the dman
other wise Im gonna be having some buyers remorse.

Message 18/19             06-Dec-98  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

Hello everyone.....I just dicovered this forum after posting my own at the top (GETTING THE DMAN TO WORK (HELP!), then I sawe this down lower. If anyone could help me out, I'd be really grateful.
I just bought the 2044, and I'm using it with Cool Edit Pro 1.1. When I try to record 4 tracks at once, I get duplicates of track 1 & 3 on 2 & 4. It seems that "track 1/2" is actually just track 1, and "track 3/4" is actually just track 2. When I try to assign 2 separate tracks to "track 1/2" i just get a dupe, so I'm forced to have only have two simultaneous tracks at once. Did I just pay $350 cdn. for two tracks???
Thanks in advance!

Message 19/19             06-Dec-98  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman 2044 . anyone use it ?

swstudio

Hello everyone.....I just dicovered this forum after posting my own at the top (GETTING THE DMAN TO WORK (HELP!), then I sawe this down lower. If anyone could help me out, I'd be really grateful.
I just bought the 2044, and I'm using it with Cool Edit Pro 1.1. When I try to record 4 tracks at once, I get duplicates of track 1 & 3 on 2 & 4. It seems that "track 1/2" is actually just track 1, and "track 3/4" is actually just track 2. When I try to assign 2 separate tracks to "track 1/2" i just get a dupe, so I'm forced to have only have two simultaneous tracks at once. Did I just pay $350 cdn. for two tracks???
Thanks in advance!

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)