aaa E-MU Audio Production Studio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: E-MU Audio Production Studio

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             17-Aug-98  @  01:27 PM   -   E-MU Audio Production Studio

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone have this card/breakout box.
Has anyone seen it, heard it and what do they
think about it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             29-Aug-98  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

macadama

How many channels over mic inputs can EMU (Audio Production Studio)
simultaneous record ?
Thank You Nenad Adamovic

Message 3/9             13-Sep-98  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

robydago

Why does this card cost 699US$ while the Sound Blaster Live! is only 199US$??
Both cards use the same EMU chip and they seem to have the same amount of voices/sounds/sample-ram/FXs.
I know that with the Audio Production Studio card you get more input/output connectors (and they must be of better quality I guess), but you pay 500 bucks more!

Message 4/9             01-Oct-98  @  06:29 AM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

dzobels

Hey, Roby. I've been wondering the same thing! The card's specs look exactly the same. The Live! even has a separate bay panel for digital & midi I/O...very fishily like the E-mu, though different enough to pause the serious home recorder. But the price difference blows me away.

Message 5/9             05-Oct-98  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

Rafael

There is probably more things but I'm not sure whether Soundblaster Live has possibility of harddisk recording. And It seems that effects are better on the APS.

Rafael

Message 6/9             06-Oct-98  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

mattias.gyllerup

This was the answer given to me by EMU/Tech Support:

"The APS is a pro level audio card. Spec differences include SBlive signal to noise 76db, APS 96 db. APS also has mic preamps (with or withour 12v phantom power), headphone interface, and the APS mixer system with associated effects.

Basically the SBlive is a consumer level 'gaming' card while the APS is a pro level audio interface for music production. In comparison to other pro level
cards at around $1000 US that do not provide as much versatility...the APS is the clear choice."

Another answer given to be my EMU was:

"The APS card has a drive bay connector that fits in the front of your computer system with Digital i/o, Line/Mic input and outputs. The APS card is more geared for professional music recording with a very high quality effects engine and a great mixing control panel. They are diffrent types of products geared for diffrent applications.
SBlive is more Gamer/home oriented while the APS is geared for the more professional musician with balanced high quality connectors and a very high quality effects engine."

I am not sure if the price difference still can be motivated?

/mattias

Message 7/9             20-Oct-98  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

jake_hodges

Yeah, okay.. But has anyone used one yet? I've got a bad case of not wanting to be the first. I'm torn between the pretty well proven Event products and this newcomer with loads of functionality. I would have bought one months ago, but I contacted Emu and they aren't willing to take it back if it dosn't work to my satisfaction. I always seem to find a remarkable corrilation between loads of functionality and lack of stability.

I'm ready to go.. Credit card is poised for purchase, but no one can show me it works and their cheesey demo video only inspired more anxiety. (Come on Emu.. The red flashlight on the close-up of the female vocalist's face went way too far.)

10-4. Come back.

Jake

Message 8/9             27-Oct-98  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

freestyle

I attended a demo of the APS at Sam Ash NYC. I helped set up the system, and installed the software. I then played around with it and Cakewalk 6 for a while. No crashes, no problems, worked great! In fairness though, I didn't have the time to really stress-test it, but first impressions were good!

A major competitor would be theTerratec EWS64xl. It suffered from lack of software to match the hardware, but that seems to be fixed. Check www.terratec.de or www.ews64.com for more info, and ask some hard questions before ordering it.....

If I'd the money, I'd have bought one of these already!

freestyle

Message 9/9             28-Oct-98  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: E-MU Audio Production Studio

bennybumcheek

I Bought mine on saturday and it is F'ing great.
This is a very cheap price for what you get.
and the quality is great too.
see my other post.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)