aaa Questions on the TB Pinnacle Project Studio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Questions on the TB Pinnacle Project Studio

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             23-Aug-98  @  01:22 AM   -   Questions on the TB Pinnacle Project Studio

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Thanks for anyone who can help me answer these following questions. I didn't realize I had a sampler right under my nose. I told the two guys at Guitar Center that I had a TB Pinnacle Project Studio and they suggested for me to get a sampler to go along with my setup. Go figure?

1.) I want to customize the sound bank that came with the card. I don't think I'll be using them. In other words, can I get rid of those sounds and load my own sounds(303, 808, 909, etc.) in there?

2.) I have several sample cd-roms mainly in .wav format. I can load those in. Can I? I also have audio sample cd-roms from East West, Big Fish, and Time and Space. I can load those in to. Right?

3.) I have this virtual piano in the Patch Librarian. Can I program the piano to make a rhythm loop like a piano loop for example and save that as a .wav file and use it in ACID? If not, how can I make such a loop using this sampler and Cakewalk or ACID? I hate having to use my PC keyboard to the trigger the keys on the piano. Can I connect an external keyboard to trigger the sounds in the card? Did that make sense? Do I need an accessory if I buy an external keyboard to communicate with the card?

4.) I know I have to get the Everest patch editor. This editor is mainly to do what?

5.) Where can I get sounds for the Pinnacle card on the internet? Do I need a software program to utilze these sounds?

6.)Aboutt outboard gear. What do I need besides a DAT, cd recorder, tape player in the future.

7.) I have a Mackie 1202VLZ. I'm thinking about returning it and buying a mixer/multitrack recorder combo like the 8 track Sony minidisc mixer/recorder. What do you think? Do I need something like that? I prefer a software program . Does one exist?

8.) Compared to the external samplers made by E-MU, Akai, Yamaha, etc. How does this sampler card stand up to them?

9.) I have a Pentium 166, 128 megs of ram, IDE and UW SCSI hard drives. If I get Cakewalk, will my computer be fast enough to utilize a good amount of audio and MIDI tracks, use real-time effects, etc. without having common system problems such as slow playback, audio glitches, system crashes, and lock ups?

Sorry about the questions but I'm a DJ. I spin vinyl and cds. I'm a newbie to this. I hope you can answer my questions. Thank you.

DJ Oskar.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)