aaa tbeach pinnacle cards... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: tbeach pinnacle cards...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             19-Oct-98  @  10:00 AM   -   tbeach pinnacle cards...

galleyslave

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all,

Anyone own either the Multisound Pinnacle or the Pinnacle Project Studio? I'm mainly intersted in what the main differences are between the two, they seem to be similar in price... any comments on them mucho appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             19-Oct-98  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: tbeach pinnacle cards...

galleyslave

Hmmm... i think its just the same card in different packaging.... plus the Studio pack thing comes with some daughterboard. Still keen for some comments though...

Message 3/6             19-Oct-98  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: tbeach pinnacle cards...

pascal.declercq

as far as I know studio comes with the digital IO board (nothing special anymore nowadays ...) and some extra software.
I have a pinnacle : good wave quality, synth quality : very average, not a decent samplersoftware available, and if you have hardware problems with, like I had (freezing system etc ...) very hard to work them out ...

Message 4/6             22-Oct-98  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: tbeach pinnacle cards...

does it have resonant filters?

Message 5/6             27-Oct-98  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: tbeach pinnacle cards...

dewi

Yes it does have resonant low pass filters.
Nice card, complicated (therefore versatile) synth architecture with more modulators than you'll ever need.
Downsides, a few bugs in the current synth firmware (synth samples played back at over 44.1khz get an amplification boost over their sub 44.1khz levels - should be fixed soon) & the standard card (upgrade available by exchange with TBeach in America) has limited PRAM (where the keymaps & synth settings are stored) which restricts the number (or complexity) of patches you can make. Okay for most uses but you won't be able to replace the entire GM bank with 128 of your your own creations.

Project Studio features digital I/O & the HOMAC (I think) daughterboard which is a 32 voice GM synth with no samplestore facility.
Better to buy standard card (with digital I/O if you want it) plus DB60XG daughterboard.

Message 6/6             10-Nov-98  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: tbeach pinnacle cards...

i'm quite new to all this well about 13 months espesialy to computers and i have a few probs with my pinnacle card and a bit of help would be much thanked.
sometimes when i load up sample store after i'm finished it crashes saying ilegal operation or something along those lines and i have to do it allover?
also when i play some samples off cd's or waves i've created like basey high pitch ending i get alot of crackling through my speakers same with head phones?

last one! when i try to load up my samples as patches it
will not work i just get this really stupid noise on all of them?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)