aaa SOUNDCARDS- WHICH ONE DO YOU OWN? AND WHY. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SOUNDCARDS- WHICH ONE DO YOU OWN? AND WHY.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Oct-98  @  04:14 AM   -   SOUNDCARDS- WHICH ONE DO YOU OWN? AND WHY.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm just about to buy one.Any addvice.cheers Phil.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             29-Oct-98  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: SOUNDCARDS- WHICH ONE DO YOU OWN? AND WHY.

shado

Link?:  Link

Well Phill,
Here is my 2 cents worth. And i'm a guitar player that's not really into techno but I like some parts like the drum loops but find it a little repetative. I've got a Terratec EWS64xl. In the past it got a bad rap coz of the old drivers and the sampler instrument editor wasn't finished. Now everthing works fine. I use it primarilly for instrument sounds, and as a sampler sound card I think it's the best. The s/n is good and there is allready made up sound banks by Bestservice, Groovepark, Groovestyle and VR sound. However if you want your own stuff the Ed!son instument editor is finished and very usefull. However if you ahve racks of synths and a dedicaded sampler and you want the card primarilly as an interface for a computer hard disk recording system then the Event series series of cards seem to be very good. There is three types .Darla,Gina and Layla. It basically depends on how many ins and outs you want. The terratec has fuckall ins and outs and it's ISA which is slow but stable and the Events are PCI which is fast for the power hungry HD recording. Dale

Message 3/3             29-Oct-98  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: SOUNDCARDS- WHICH ONE DO YOU OWN? AND WHY.

kil

Link?:  No link

yup.... the terratec gives you s/pdif too.... that is worth looking at as a feature, ... you may not have a dat now, but you may get one in the future..... the Dman cards are good too.... they do a 4 output version if that is important for mixing on the outboard with a few extra channels..... the other thing is... what s/w you use with it, cos some certain s/wares (particularly the one that sounds like a german lager) don't like some soundcards....

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)