aaa Soundcard setup for me, the American newbie! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Soundcard setup for me, the American newbie!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             10-Nov-98  @  02:02 PM   -   Soundcard setup for me, the American newbie!

dxw

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Okay kiddies, I need your help, because yall are in the know! My setup is somewhat simple, a PII 'Celery' (Celeron) 266 chip, 64 megs, 4.3 gig hard (to be upgraded very soon) and Guillemots exceptional (for the price) Game Theater 64, not the 3d Edition. I have a ton of proggies, Cake Pro 8, Cubase 3.553, SoundForge 4.5, ACID, Rebirth 2, Wavelab 2.01, Gigasampler, Reality 1.5, the list goes on.... But I've just learned how to use all of it, save Gigasampler and Reality, and I'm now ready. My soundcard has a decent 64 voice synth on board plus 16megs for a total of 20 megs sample mem. It has an MIDI font Editor that I can get to edit the sounds' LFO, resonance, and such. I plan to sample off of sample CDs for sounds, modify them as .wavs with SoundForge or Wavelab, then convert them to synth-playable MIDI files with Guillemots Instrument Editor. Being that the synth has 16 channel multitimbral, that would give me at least 16 tracks in Cubase or Cake. I also am using Rebirth for my "necessary" 808, 303, 909 sounds, and when the Rewire upgrade comes out, give them each a separate track, I believe at least one track for each sound. Reality and Gigasampler are to be used for other projects, or as needed.
I realize that all this will become a bit of a strain on my processor, but if it at least works, I can upgrade whatever in the later. I also have a Korg Poly 800 II for my controller (sounds suck!!) As I wrote before I am upgradeing to a better hard drive, a fast -as-fuck Seagate 7200 Rpm. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-Nov-98  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Soundcard setup for me, the American newbie!

mattlupton

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

He, He,...he said 'yall' !
Seriously though, it sounds like you have some cool internal work going on.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)