aaa GETTING THE DMAN TO WORK (HELP!) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: GETTING THE DMAN TO WORK (HELP!)

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             06-Dec-98  @  02:49 PM   -   GETTING THE DMAN TO WORK (HELP!)

swstudio

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just recently purchased the Dman 2044 4 in - 4 out digital audio card, which I'm using with Cool Edit Pro 1.1. For the life of me, I can't seem to get more than 2 simultaneous tracks going, although I'm sure the box says 4 very clearly.
The track assignment is weird. I have a choice of "track 1/2" or "track 3/4", which in reality is track 1 and track 2, and that's it.
When I try to assign 2 separate tracks to "track 1/2" I just get a duplicate of the first track for the second. Can anyone help me? Did I just waste $350 cdn.???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             10-Dec-98  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: GETTING THE DMAN TO WORK (HELP!)

tuna

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

maybe cool edit pro doesnot support multichannel sound cards if it does you have to find an option to let you assign different tracks to a different bus

for instance in cubase you activate the bus on the master volume panel and it activates outputs 3 and 4 then in the monitor (the bit that looks like a mixer you can then click either master (which refers to outputs 1/2) or bus (which referes to any extra outputs your card may have)
as for getting th sounds to separate on to different outputs its a matter of panning (because windows sees your outputs as left and right not 1 and 2) so to make use of them as separate outs you have to pan a track hard right to send it to output 1 and hard right to send to output 2 the same applies to outputs 3 and 4 its just a matter of finding out how to assign to those outs in cool edit pro.

i had the same problem for ages in cubase until i stumbled across the bus section hope you find the answer

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)