aaa Got Your Demo Finished? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Got Your Demo Finished?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             20-Dec-98  @  08:09 AM   -   Got Your Demo Finished?

adams04

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yep,you guessed,i,m having big probs recording my midi to wav without jumps,pops etc,and i get similar probs trying to record my vocals.
Then,i lost the sync in audio,so i,ve sent my card back for testing.

I use a MAXIHSPPro64 with 20Mb ,ABITBH6/Celeron300A(not overclocked yet),128SDRAM,2drives-Seagate Pro72000 for Audio,etc.

I,m seriously considering a replacement for the Maxi,maybe the new ISIS,or APS.

I have worked in 44Khz all year,so changin,g over to 48 is a drag,and i,m not sure what i,d have to do with all my samples,sequences etc.

Can anyone tellme what is involved if i decide to move to APS?

I,m unlikely to want to stay with Maxi gear seeing as i,ve had one hassle after another,its just that i,m not clear how long it would take to start over converting files to 48 from 44 ,and right now,if everything worked properly,i could stay in 44 from sampling,recording and burning all onboard which is cool.

So,i,d like someone to tell me whats involved in changing over to 48 before i decide what to do next.(course,if my card was faulty that should be the reason i,ve had so many hassles,unless its the software!

Why is this such a big deal for me? Well,i,ve spent a year recording/writing/rehearsing my tracks,and i,m pretty unwilling to spend a lot more time fiddling with technical shit unless i can be assured that its really worth it and because i,ll get to finish my demos without too much tech hassle again.

Cheers Carey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             22-Dec-98  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Got Your Demo Finished?

kilo

you omit to mention the s/w you use.... you had endless problems with the maxisound too ?.... maybe it's the s/w ?....

Message 3/5             22-Dec-98  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: Got Your Demo Finished?

adams04

QuartzAuidiomaster
I got the full version,that has the Plug-Ins.
I also will be beta testing the next realease Quartz2000.
Last night,i recorded using my temp replacement,a Soundblaster PCI.No errors,so,i used Quartz for that.

I have looked at my Bios,and find that My dealer has set up my Second Drive as a Slave to the First (slower)Drive.I understood that i should have the second drive for audio set as Secondary Master,is that right?

I would also like to know what is involved if i decide to change to this EMU APS card_in terms of changing from 44 Khz to 48.Everything i did this year is in 44,so is that a big drag or what?

Also,as i upgraded to an ABITBH6/Celeron300A(not yet overclocked),i wondered if you knew of any possible hassles with this mobo and my or other soundcards?

I,m looking forward to getting my card back,ora replacement,but until i get more experienced or find a good dealmer who knows about audio ,i,m a bit in the dark out here in the country.

Last question,-what are the main advantages to getting a new PCI card as opposedto using the ISA card?K

cheers Carey(mutant)

Message 4/5             24-Dec-98  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Got Your Demo Finished?

sp4rc

In reply to your question about the setup of EIDE drives.. yeah it would be sensible to put your second drive on the second IDE channel, as the master. That way you are running each of the drives on independant EIDE channels. Although even with two EIDE drives on the same channel they shouldn't exceed the bandwidth available on an EIDE bus.. but give it a go anyway. Another point worth mentioning is that the older drive may be running in a slower 'mode' and forcing the newer drive to run in the same mode (can anyone confirm that this happens on EIDE, I know it does with SCSI drives on the same bus).

sp4rc

Message 5/5             26-Dec-98  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Got Your Demo Finished?

adams04

Thanks for the info.
So,setting the second drive as secondary master should,but might not give better perf.

Apparently from using the event echo reporter,one drive is best for recording(seagate),the other is best for playback.Still got some exploring to do then.

Waiting for my Maxi to be tested and come back;then i,llbe able to see what has been causing the loss of sync.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)