aaa clueless about event cards - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: clueless about event cards

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             06-Jan-99  @  11:04 PM   -   clueless about event cards

clueless

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'll apologize in advance if this is a stupid question or the info is somewhere else on this site: so, what the hell are "event" cards and what's their function, as opposed to cards like APS and EWS and s1000xg? i always here people mention darla, layla, and gina but i've no clue what they do. on a side note, why are they all female names?
paulo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             07-Jan-99  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: clueless about event cards

Event is a company that markets a line of PC hard disk digital audio recording cards (No MIDI or on board sounds)Some have digital I/O. They also distribute microphones and powered studio monitors. I think they farm out (subcontract) the manufacturing of the products. Their URL is event.com . The card product names are female because women rule. Sheela

Message 3/6             07-Jan-99  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: clueless about event cards

tweaker

The URL is http://www.event1.com

The cards are indeed primarily HD recording cards, with various break out boxes for I/O. These are generally very good quality, although driver problems with the Layla card are common. I repeat, they are good cards and are good companions to synth cards...

They are named after women becuase they have limited capabilities. ;)

Event Monitors and Mics (Rode NT1 in particular) are also very, very good values.

Message 4/6             07-Jan-99  @  09:07 PM   -   That's harsh!!!

Macho man

Ouch!! Women have limited capablilities? That's a mean line, buddy!!! That will cut off any sex for quite some time!!

I would have come up with different names myself. Gina is ok, but Darla and Layla have to go. They would sell more cards with names like Debbie or Jenny. Sounds like a couple of young, hot fuck toys that will make your drive hard!!

Macho man says...

Message 5/6             07-Jan-99  @  09:47 PM   -   That's harsh!!!

Macho man

Ouch!! Women have limited capablilities? That's a mean line, buddy!!! That will cut off any sex for quite some time!!

I would have come up with different names myself. Gina is ok, but Darla and Layla have to go. They would sell more cards with names like Debbie or Jenny. Sounds like a couple of young, hot fuck toys that will make your drive hard!!

Macho man says...

Message 6/6             08-Jan-99  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: clueless about event cards

tweaker

Just a little sarcasm to brighten everyone's day...

Nice try on the pun.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)