aaa PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Jan-99  @  05:41 AM   -   PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

Mr. Realist

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, let's here about the recording and mixing stories with this card. We know at this point that the synth sounds are great, wonderful, etc. No need to post that here. What about the converters and recording functions? Has anyone set up a separate monitor mix for headphones to hear reverb while recording dry? Do the converters sound better than the event cards?
Let's hear it.....

Mr. Realist

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             31-Jan-99  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

bcren

I just got pulsar. At first it all seems pretty simple when you look at all the virtual modules, but let me tell you, it is a BITCH! I cannot for the life of me, get any sort of external audio to record in Cubase. I cannot designate which channels I want the synth to play on. If this thing worked it would be awesome, and even if it does work, I'm totally sick of trying to configure it correctly. I've been at this for a week and I'm never going to get to my project unless I get something working soon. I really don't want to give up the amazing synths, but fuck this card. I'm going for an SW1000XG with a phatboy filter controller. Can youy get digital i/o on that card?

Message 3/7             31-Jan-99  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

rtfm

Message 4/7             01-Feb-99  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

i have an a16 and it's cool to have every synth on the big mixer. then i sent all on seperate bussess that go to asio dest device. the problem is that vst channel are mixed up, some driver has to come soon to correct this (for ex, u have plugged into asio dest 1, 2 , 3 , 4 and it's on vst monitor 11, 12, 16, 7, ie confused.

ANyway, the only limitation i found is on VST as i didn't find how to record 16 asio input seperately at once.
if someone has a clue.....

bcren: u haven't gone very deep in it, u must have forgot to set something to hear it in vst...
med

Message 5/7             01-Feb-99  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

bcren: i had same problem when i forgot to set pulsar as sync slave, a16 being the master ( as sources are from the a16). otherwise, use asio dest as vst inputs and mix out as control (or other output), that you will route to pulsar analog dest

Message 6/7             13-Feb-99  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

jdwhite

Med:

The ".21" driver which was made available CLEARLY as a Beta release had a particularly annoying bug that randomly re-assigned ASIO busses. Though it had some other nice improvements, we ended up going back to the much more stable ".19" driver for NAMM demos.
Within a few days version 1.1 should be available with a number of new features and some rather serious resource optimization - related to graphics demands. That's what they say, anyway.

Bcren:

Sorry to hear you're having such difficulty. Many people seem to be having much less than you. Is there anyone in your area who might be able to give you some of the tutorial you would appear to benefit from? Here in Los Angeles I am scheduling appearances several times a week with my Dealers to introduce to and/or assist Users with Pulsar. I try to show it working with other products, as well. Like Cubase - one that we know works pretty reliably. It's what we used at the NAMM demos for four days a couple of weeks ago. 13 audio channels and 5 MIDI tracks coming back from Cubase. Twice every hour for eight hours a day for four days. Have you tried giving tech support a call or an email?

Realist:

Yeah, we've done the bus thing, though I'm sure you'd prefer to hear from someone else. ;o)
Matter of fact we've got people looking at this for church installations because they can actually set up 16, (really seventeen,) separate bus mixes. v1.1 is rumored to have the Pulsar reverb with it, so we'll see. That'll make things even more interesting.
By the way, 9 new third party developers were announced at NAMM bringing the total to ten - currently. Expect to see product very shortly from some of these.

Best of Luck!!

Jeff White

Message 7/7             14-Feb-99  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: PULSAR RECORDING AND MIXING

HI there,

I used pulsar and an a16 under intensive studio session, using the beta driver, which is a stabgle driver.

Everything went fine. multirecording of several channels at once was easy (getting audio tracks of synth and other souncards outputs into a16-->pulsar big mixer--->asio drivers) then getting back asio tracks to big mixer--->big mixer busses (16)---> a16 outputs--->studio mixtable.

The guys in the studio who first said things like "no pc in here, only macs", ended up asking me the price of the pulsar, especially when i opened a project whith 3 synths and played a demo of mine :-).
So i heard pulsar miniscope-easy synth and FM one in a very good studio, with a big mixtable, amps and speaker.
First, the sound is clean,
2. it sounds fat and clear,

3. I can't wait for the new driver which corrects the adat to asio drivers (u have to inverse the adat cable) and e reverb effect.

see ya
MEd

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)