aaa sampler soundcard - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: sampler soundcard

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             07-Feb-99  @  11:43 PM   -   sampler soundcard advice needed.

bhsmith23

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to get a sampler soundcard that is as good as a outboard sampler. I also want a soundcard that also has multiple outs because I want to be able to tweak sounds live. I was thinking of getting:
2 Event Darla/Gina's that way I have 4 in's and 16 out's and use Gigasampler/cakewalk/soundforge.

Is this my best decision or is there better? I have alittle less than $1000 to spend.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             08-Feb-99  @  05:36 AM   -   RE: sampler soundcard

You might consider getting Reality, $319.00, with a gina sound card for another $400.00. You can download the demo of Reality for free and decide for youself. You could use the rest of the money for other gear.

Message 3/8             08-Feb-99  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: sampler soundcard

Rafael

One reason why E-MU APS is not considered as full pro sampler are the pore filters. (Which by the way might come in an upgrade). Is Reality any better when it comes filters?
Rafael

Message 4/8             08-Feb-99  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: sampler soundcard

mr.sample

well you could always go the sample cell (digidesign)rout or scope(creamware)which has an anaiog synth , sampler , good recording , editing , and dsp processing. Go to www.creamware.com and read up everything about it. And check out the new yamaha sw1000xg that sounds great. but your just looking for asampler sound card so you may not like that cos its many things in one. mr. samples

Message 5/8             08-Feb-99  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: sampler soundcard

shado

Link?:  Link

Probably the only actual sampler with multiple ins and outs is the new ISIS card by Guillemot. It's a PCI based card and uses the powerfull DREAM chip. All the other cards that feature samples apart from the Pulsar have limited ins and outs for multi track recording. As a sampler I have a Terratec, and still think it is the most powerfull because of the editor and the synthesis features, although the EMU APS apparantly has better effects and although the filters are ordinary it is a PCI based card with good D/As. Dale

Message 6/8             08-Feb-99  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: sampler soundcard

bhsmith23

I'm really thinking of going with either of two options:

1. Dedicated sampler card and something like a Event darla for outputs.

2. Two Event Darla's and use gigasampler for sampling. That way I have 4 in's and 16 out's.

Message 7/8             09-Feb-99  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: sampler soundcard

rouge

Gigasampler is shite. Get a A3000. I know... , well save up then or mug some old ladies.

Message 8/8             10-Feb-99  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: sampler soundcard

Lettus Be

Link?:  Link

Another card that looks interesting, and is PCI is the Soundtrack 128. I don't know much about it other than its PCI and it has a 72 pin SIMM slot that can take up to 64megs on the card, as opposed to things like the SB Live and APS which steal your computers ram. It also has the Dream SAM9407 chip which is also used on the Terratec EWS64XL, and the Guillemot Homestudio Pro 64.

LB

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)