aaa What's the best Sampler Card w/good filters? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: What's the best Sampler Card w/good filters?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             11-Feb-99  @  09:37 PM   -   What's the best Sampler Card w/good filters?

bhsmith23

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want a sampler card that is basically as good as a outboard sampler. I want to be able to edit samples alot. I have about $700 to spend. I also want it to work with other boards.

Terratec EWS64XL: Have read that the sampler is good but has alot of bugs in software.

EMU APS: Sound totally what I'm looking for but I've read that the filters are not good at all. The only thing stopping me from getting this is the filters. Is there any news on updating the Filters?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Feb-99  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: What's the best Sampler Card w/good filters?

rouge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The EWS is a good sampler in itself. BUT, it has a 512k sample size limit AND do NOT use it for Hard disk recording. Only use the sampler side of it, switch off the audio side. If I were you go for a cheapish 2nd hand outboard sampler unless you have loads of wav files you want to use in which case go for the EWS64S at about 140 quid.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)