aaa HELP PLEASE:Cakewalk-SB PCI 64 synch problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: HELP PLEASE:Cakewalk-SB PCI 64 synch problem

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             15-Feb-99  @  10:11 PM   -   HELP PLEASE:Cakewalk-SB PCI 64 synch problem

jose-vicente

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi. I'm pretty desperate with my MIDI/AUDIO setup, since I'm experiencing big synchrony problems between Audio and Midi in Cakewalk 6.0. I'm using a Sound Blaster PCI 64 Value to record audio in Cakewalk and everytime I try to record a track the MIDI just won't work properly, and there's no way of getting a decent audio track. WHY???????? The computer is a brand new 350 PII so processor speed shouldn't be a problem. This happens with the very first track I try to record, is not as if I already had 20 audio tracks or something on the song. If I only play MIDI, it works fine. Now, I downloaded the Cakewalk 7.0 FAQ and it talked about the same problems with the AWE64 and ways of solving them. I tried them all, and I had no success. Plus, I don't know if both cards are supposed to work in the same way, in terms of DMAs, etc. I'm using still the Soundblaster drivers. Should I try Multimid or any other multi-midi driver? Could that be the problem? May it had something to do with the fact that first I tried to install my old Gravis Ultrasound without success, took it off, and there are still references to the Gravis Ultrasound on the system.ini file? Has anyone recorded successfully audio tracks with Cakewalk and a SB PCI 64? CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE? I'm geting into a recording studio in three months time to record a new demo, and right now I'm on the verge of suicide! Plus, I have to deliver some tunes for TV in two months, and right now it seems I just won't make it. I'm about to go back to my old 486, Cakewalk 4.0 and the Gravis Ultrasound.

Jose luis

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             24-Feb-99  @  05:44 AM   -   RE: HELP PLEASE:Cakewalk-SB PCI 64 synch problem

mtrax

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi.

I had that problem too with my awe32. Go under audio options and run the 'wave profiler'. See if that works. Otherwise try tweaking your buffer sizes in audio advanced options. You should be able to make the buffers bigger, so your computer will read the data well in advance before playing it. Although I'm now on Cakewalk Pro Audio 8, I had 6/7 for a while.
For audio quality, remember to set your audio recording quality in audio options. I'm not sure where exactly, but it has to be 44000 khz and 16/24 bit if your card supports 24, go for that.
The BIG thing to remember is to change the value of the 'source' column on the left to 'midi' and not 'audio in' after you've recorded. REMEMBER, after, not before you record. This should improve the quality.
You can also try 'Use wave out position for timing' under advanced audio options (i think) and see if that works.

mtrax

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)