aaa PowerSampler!? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: PowerSampler!?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             14-Mar-00  @  12:26 PM   -   PowerSampler!?

adams04

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK
Scrub the sh@t about da Terrortech.
Fink that maybe i found what i really want ,yup,this Creamware "Powersampler".

Can anybody tell me if this card is an HD recorder too?
I want a sampler,and Direct To Disk from external sources,hence the I/O,s?

Doesn,t say exactly on their site if this card will record my vocals etc etc too.
If it does,and its got Midi,i,m going to be a very happy bunny.400 quid,not bad!

Enlighten me someone.
Thanx Guruzoo.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             15-Mar-00  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

hajee

it has mid in and out... Iīm really thinking about dithcing my ews64xl for this baby....

later

Message 3/10             15-Mar-00  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

adams04

Ah hah!
I just need to know more details on its external Audio recording ,it looks and sounds perfect 4 my set-up!
Yeah,i,m very wary of the Dream Chip on both our cards,and the Drivers are very poor.
Course,i might still need it for the Inteernet ,i mailed Creamware .fr 4 more info,will let u know more.

Cheers Guruzoo.

Message 4/10             20-Mar-00  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

hajee

If you decide to buy it please tell us about your findings (maybe write a nice review for DT?) I'm very curious about this card too and very wary of my dreamchip based EWS64xl *though i think this is more because of the terratec side of things then because of the dream)

later, and have fun

Message 5/10             20-Mar-00  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

adams04

Hi Baz ,well,thebad news is that you need to connect it to a second card to get other stuff recorded to hdisk.
The guy in da shop said it just is for the sampler,so,no audio ins or outs for anyhting else.
I,m now trying to find out how to wire my HSP64 to a SW1000XG with the AN1X Daughterboard ,so i can still use my sampler from the HSP.
Otherwise,i guess i,d have to buy a Powersampler ,or an external Sampler to run into the SW.
I know people do use their old ISA card with an SW installed,but i don,t know if anyone uses say their sampler on a Terratec,run it into the SW via Audio In and Midi to record etc in VST or whatever.
I know it sounds a bit dumb,wanting to keep using an old ISA cards sampler,but i am happy with lots of my samples.
If Kilo can tell me ,or someone how to wire up my External desk,My HSP and the SW altogether,so i can use eveything at once,i,d be very happy.

Cheers Guruzoo.

Message 6/10             22-Aug-00  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

hajee

Hey G, sorry for this later reply. Nut I see you also have the an1x daughterboard (i have the KB version) maybe wanny swap some patches when you have some?? Anyway I already bought a cheap sblive (just becuse they are so damn cheap and got rid of my EWS)& the midimanusb 2x2 which solved most of my timing probs. all I need is something to handle my sampling needds now since i'm not really happy with the live for sampling.

Talk to you later

Bastiaan

Message 7/10             25-Aug-00  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

jav123

You can record audio tracks with the powersampler, it has an analog input and an a didigital in (and outs) so you can record from any of theses, in fact if your hsp has a digital out you could connect these to the powersampler didigtal in and so you will have free the ps analog in free for external recordings, in these way you could record two separate tracks simultaneously, one form the direct analog input of the ps and another from the analog in of the hsp (of course the quality is far better in the powersampler analog in as compared to the noisy hsp).

And comparation of the sampler posibilities of both cards is out of question, the only thing you get in hsp not in powersampler is realtime control of the resonance (if you use sysex, not cc), trust me, l had the first hsp.

Other aspect is that the powersampler has an interface to connect to an optional luna box (the same external box wich comes with the luna soundcard) wich has 8 analog in/outs and also some digital (not sure exactly how many, the mixer of the powersampler would see the separte ins outs of these external i/o box so you could record from itīs eight separate tracks or use it like a mixer if you get some external gear. Also l think that you could use another standard adat iterface if you wanna use the luna box, but not totally sure about it.

If you are interested in another aspects of the card let me know, l was a litle bit disapointed with it at first but now, with the new drivers and having understand how it works I find it very very good gear.

Message 8/10             25-Aug-00  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

boomer

What's HSP???

Message 9/10             25-Aug-00  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

nickie

With PowerSampler, do we get the mixing board, buses and effects like on the Pulsar too?

Message 10/10             26-Aug-00  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: PowerSampler!?

jav123

HSP =(maxisound) Home studio pro , a guillemot soundcard.

About the mixing board, Hum?, do you mean a hardware unit?, if so the answer is not, for both powesampler and pulsar,in both you can anyway add an external one, wich you would buy separately and it will integrate with the card, for example the luna box l told.
But in the software side you have a mixer wich allow you to route all the enabled drivers (by these l mean you donīt need to have simultaneously enabled all drivers, for exampler if you donīt have gigastudio you wouldnnīt enable the gsif drivers and if not enabled they donīt appear in the mixer, also note that these drivers take dsp power and you loose poliphony for the sampler) to other sources, for example you can route some of the six separate outputs of the sts sampler to some asio channels and doing so if in cubase you select and audio track wich uses these asio like input and you enable the track for recording and it is in tape mode you can apply diferent directx/vst effects to the diferent sampler outputs, also you can route any of the dirvers (asio or easi(they are mutually eclusive,well, you are not going to use logic and cubase at same anyway), giga, the sts sampler) to the soundcard drivers, yes it has them, but donīt get too excited about them, they are a simple delay effect, usefull, but hey, delays are easy to implement, and a average quality chorus;They are global effects and in every channel you have send/return knobs, of course these is very poor as compared with the pulsar, but also the card i much cheaper, and the pulsar doesnīt include an sts sampler so you would have to buy it separately, and it is not cheap.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)