aaa Opcode Sonic Port ; USB reliabilty - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Opcode Sonic Port ; USB reliabilty

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             17-Aug-00  @  09:48 PM   -   Opcode Sonic Port ; USB reliabilty

lynx

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Currently using a laptop. I want to get sounds in & out of my computer. Need to record to Minidisc or DAT & vice versa. Read about the Sonic Port. Sounds pretty good. No Direct Sound drivers though. However, a mate of mine told me that USB devices aren't good. Cracks & Pops can be heard. Heard about the Wami Box. Excellent stuff though kind of expensive. Don't need Midi on the go. Is anyone out there using Sonic Port? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             19-Aug-00  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Opcode Sonic Port ; USB reliabilty

k

yeah, i REALLY want to try that wamibox.. but i wrote EGOSYS, offered them a demo session with some RnB & garage producers with tracks on the street, plus a mag review etc - and got no response. Guess i'll have to buy one and try it like with the hoontech, but who knows... it might turn out to be as good... but, Egosys seriously need some decent promo in europe cos they have none !!

Message 3/3             03-Sep-00  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: Opcode Sonic Port ; USB reliabilty

Mick

I have also heard some discouraging things about USB. This includes a new protocol described as "USB 2" which would replace the current USB protocol (due to it's defects).

That would piss me off seeing as how my lappy uses the current USB and what is being implied here is that the current USB was defective from the start. If all this is indeed true then I wonder if there is the possibility of a class action case. Maybe it's about time the computer industry was made to be accountable for releasing technology into the market that isn't thoroughly researched and tested.

Mick

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)