aaa DX7 card for sw100000000000 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: DX7 card for sw100000000000

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             18-Aug-00  @  04:54 AM   -   DX7 card for sw100000000000

Balcra

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey - Does anyone have the DX card for the SW1billion? I already own an An1x and whilst I tempted by the AN card I'll probably leave that for another day. I've not played much with FM synthesis - I've heard that for most people its more luck than design when a good sound comes out but I can live with that (yes - I feel lucky today  

So, how does it sound with the SW effects?

Also, does anyone know when the rumoured Kenton (or pick another manuafacturer)box for hosting multiple PLG cards is available?

Ta

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             18-Aug-00  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: DX7 card for sw100000000000

nospam

Hi,
I was going to get a DX7 PLG card but as soon as I found out there wasn't a editer, to getat the features I changed my mind.

Message 3/8             19-Aug-00  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: DX7 card for sw100000000000

k

really, FM in dance has established all the classic sounds from the presets, very few custom FM sounds appear i think as you say, cos editing from scratch is so hard, or if they do perhaps just with some tweaking to the envelope decay etc, minor edits to presets. You might be better off getting a real outboard old DX synth as they are so cheap, and will have all the sounds you know inside.

Message 4/8             20-Aug-00  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: DX7 card for sw100000000000

ibeg2differ

Link?: Link

I think you will find if you look at the above page that it details a comprehensive editor for the FM synth. FM can make some pretty strange noises not fashionable at the time DX7 ROMs were being put out way back in the 80s. Just take a look at Reality/Sync Modular's DX-G for examples.

Message 5/8             20-Aug-00  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: DX7 card for sw100000000000

Balcra

Thanks for the link. Has anyone actually used the card...I'd really like to hear opinions!

Message 6/8             21-Aug-00  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: DX7 card for sw100000000000

norsez

Link?: Link

There is actually an editor for the DX plug-in. The interface looks exactly like the DX-7. You even have to use buttons to edit patches!

Message 7/8             02-Sep-00  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: DX7 card for sw100000000000

tonythomas

I have the PLG100DX and I love it! It absolutely IS a true DX7s on a card.

Unfortunately, you have to use XG Works to program it and have to save your custom sounds as MIDI sysex and load them into the sequence (a pain).

However, unlike the original DX7 which only had 64 patches, this one has nearly 1000! So, it is likely that you will find the sound you need without having to program.

Oh, by the way, the SW effects work beautifully on this card. And you can record it totally in the digital domain using the loopback.

Highly recommended.

Tony Thomas

Message 8/8             02-Sep-00  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: DX7 card for sw100000000000

Balcra

Hey thanks for that - I was beginning to wonder where the PLG-DX owners were.

I popped over to your website - good stuff. Would you consider writing a review of the DX card?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)