aaa K2500Rs with Ensoniq ASR-88 (MIDI problems) p - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: K2500Rs with Ensoniq ASR-88 (MIDI problems) p

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             17-Jun-99  @  07:19 PM   -   K2500Rs with Ensoniq ASR-88 (MIDI problems) p

jnoorden

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello there.
I have a BIG problem.
I recently bought a LOAD of equipment and I have a million manuals to read.

I went through most of them but my problem is not a general problem and thus I'm not expecting it to find in the manuals.

OK here it goes.

I have an ENSONIQ ASR-88 (Advanced Sampling Recorder)
I also have the KURZWEIL K2500RS (The rack mount with sampling option)

Now the K2500 is SO increddibly powerfull, but also complicated.

What I want to do, if it's possible at least, to create my song using both as one piece.

Thus use both the ASR-88 and the K2500RS at the same time. For example, 8 tracks of the song on the ASR-88 and the other 16 tracks on the K2500RS, but still together, meaning , that if I press the play botton that both the ASR-88 and the K2500RS play their parts accordingly. So the ASR-88 and the K2500 work as ONE BIG piece of Equipment.

Now my question is , how would i set up these devices so that this is possible. I know it has to be possible via midi but with the K2500RS and the ASR-88's POLY , OMNI,MULTI and what not it's hard for me to find it!!

PLEASE HEEEEEELP!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             18-Jun-99  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: K2500Rs with Ensoniq ASR-88 (MIDI problems) p

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

simple.... go to the sequencer section of each unit.... decide which one is the MASTER-unit/sequencer (the other unit will sync to the master unit/sequencer)... ok, set the MASTER's sequencer to INTERNAL CLOCK... set it to send out midi clock & if possible also midi song position pointers... then set the second SLAVE-unit sequencer to EXTERNAL-CLOCK.... and that is that... BUT..... you might have to do some juggling to stop midi note data also going across from the MASTER to the SLAVE, causing the SLAVE unit's sounds to be fired off by the MASTER-unit's note data....
but equally, you can control this feature to your advantage.... for example.... UNIT/SEQ-1 could send clock, and also send channel data on say channel-1 ...UNIT/SEQ-2 clocks to the sync playing it's own sounds from it's own clocked sequencer...
BUT.... you could set it up so that channel-1 also goes across and also fires a patch-sound on the same channel on the second SLAVED unit... thus creating a layered sound from 2 different synths to create a single sound on a single midi channel-1 ...
understand ?....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)