aaa My Esq1 speaks Klingon! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: My Esq1 speaks Klingon!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             18-Sep-99  @  03:20 AM   -   My Esq1 speaks Klingon!

phyllisstein

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi peeps, I have a problem with my Esq1. It's a badass synth, I got it for cheap with a patch cartridge, but I think this is why I got is so cheap. I checked everything before I bought it, but I only checked the outputs one at a time. Whenever I try to use both outputs as stereo, it makes these monkey-with-electrodes shock noise, the display turns from English to Klingon, and it then shuts off completely and I have to reboot it. This also happens if I take the mono out to an FX rack and then try to use the stereo outs on the FX unit. A local synth tech said that it's some sort of ungrounded power transformer or something, and that because stupid Ensoniq built everything on one board, that the whole board would essentially need to be replaced and that it ultimatley wouldn't be worth it. Any 2nd opinions? Anyone have this problem? It's looking like I'm gonna have to sample it to have stereo synth hooks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             27-Sep-99  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: My Esq1 speaks Klingon!

jondl

Link?: Link

Sounds like a real pain in the butt :-( ESQ1/ESQM's can be found pretty easily. I think your on the right track and just sample the heck out of it. Not to be redundant, and no I don't work for them, but I think syntaur someimtes buys up old Ensoniq gear for parts. Maybe give them try http://www.fatsnake.com/syntaur/

Regards - jondl

Message 3/4             02-Oct-99  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: My Esq1 speaks Klingon!

Pstein

Link?:  No link

Thanks, man, I don't think I'm gonna scrap it, I love the synth just too much, love the mod routings!...I think I'll just sample it, use it in mono, etc and try to work around the limitation... limitations can often lead to interesting things...thanks for the Syntaur url, Jondl.

Message 4/4             03-Oct-99  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: My Esq1 speaks Klingon!

jondl

Link?: Link

Yeah, that's very true. Kind of "K.I.S.S" - keep it simple, stupid! I've been trying to justify picking up an ESQ1 or better yet, a SQ80 but can't really see it happening anytime soon.

jondl

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)