aaa Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             17-Nov-99  @  01:31 AM   -   Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

xenophobe69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just bought one for cheap and am looking for anyone that has any patches or just little tricks to share. Can't find SH*T for it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             22-Nov-99  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

ModAsBlue

Hey...I assume you got the Musician's Friend wicked-phat 500 dollar blow out?

I was thinking of taking that up....what do you think of it? I fucked around with it at my local music store and I thought it was kind of boring and paddy (as opposed to bass-y) but I didn't go through every patch. And for 500 bucks, I mean...

What do you think?

Message 3/9             22-Nov-99  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

ModAsBlue

Hey...I assume you got the Musician's Friend wicked-phat 500 dollar blow out?

I was thinking of taking that up....what do you think of it? I fucked around with it at my local music store and I thought it was kind of boring and paddy (as opposed to bass-y) but I didn't go through every patch. And for 500 bucks, I mean...

What do you think?

Message 4/9             23-Nov-99  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

xenophobe69

As usual the presets DO suck, but they do show off a very powerful and complex synth engine. You'll want to get the patch editor quickly b/c it is really A PAIN IN THE ASS to do it onboard b/c it only has a 4-character display. Plus it actually has 5 envelopes that you can only acess from the editor, on the front it makes it go to just the regular ADSR. I've gotten some good bass sounds out of it using the sine wave, of course. For $479 you can't go wrong with this thing, Definitly not worth the original price of $1500 though, Plus the vocoder is SWEET. You can hear every syllable perfectly. If you want to get really wierd, hook a distorted guitar into it and it really gets wierd. Very original.

Message 5/9             24-Nov-99  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

ModAsBlue

Sounds cool but I'm divided between buying one to suppliment my 8080 or selling my 8080 and getting a Novation Supernova. Getting a Fizmo would be cheaper, but....

What do you think?

Message 6/9             24-Nov-99  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

xenophobe69

Hmm... I think I'd go for the supernova, but don't count out the fizmo, you should go fool around with it some more. It really becomes sweet when you use a workstation w/it b/c you can really pump out some killer sounds. But if you don't already have a workstation or a pc, the supernova blasts the JP-8080 out of the water. I don't know if the supernova has a vocoder, but that's a frivolty anyway. The vocoder on the fizmo sounds very good.

Message 7/9             25-Nov-99  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

jondl

Link?: Link

On the 'old' Ensoniq site there was a FIZMO page with software downloads that had the v1.10 OS along with three or so banks of patches. I *think* the OS update also included a new bank of patches bundled but I'm uncertain if this is correct. I don't know that they made it to the 'new' E-mu / Ensoniq site at http://www.emu.com/

A friend of mine picked up a Fiz from the Musician Friend blowout and loves the sound but takes exception to the Q/A of the manufacturing (I'm being PC here).

There is a mailing list at Onelist.com that seems to have a few participants...why don't you give that a whirl.

good luck,
jondl

Message 8/9             25-Nov-99  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

xenophobe69

I downloaded the new os b4 I bought it, just waiting until I get my damn midi cables back. Thanks for your help. the ensonic/emu sites didn't have crap, vut I joined the list. Thanx again!

Message 9/9             19-Dec-99  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: Does anyone have any fizmo patches to share?

4uhlh

i just got a cd-rom in the mail from e-mu/ensoniq with patches for either the fizmo/zr-76/or something i can't remember.. u can only install one once so if you're not on the mailing list then the cd-rom patches should be more available soon now that everyone else is getting them too

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)