aaa EMU Es32 and SCSI - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: EMU Es32 and SCSI

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             01-Dec-99  @  10:55 AM   -   EMU Es32 and SCSI

microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm going doolally over how to pass samples from my PC to my EmuEs32 Sampler using an Adaptec 2904 SCSI card.Does this card support passing samples.Help me please before My head implodes.
ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks-To anyone who can help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             02-Dec-99  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

jondl

Link?: Link

Have you checked your SCSI termination settings and that each device is set to a seperate SCSI ID? What SW program are you working with?

jondl

Message 3/10             03-Dec-99  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

R-Tek

Yep, check the scsi ID`s and then use Sound Forge, Wavelab or whatever 2 import/export. I`m not certain, but I`m pretty sure that setup will work.

Message 4/10             05-Dec-99  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

k

you should have drivers for the emu yes?.. so it can be recognised by the card/pc... then it appears in scsi devices, and you can see it with soundforge

Message 5/10             31-Dec-99  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

dunkin.8

I am having a similar problem using the adaptec 2940. I wasn't aware you needed a driver for the esi-32. Does anyone know where to obtain a driver. Not having much success with emu. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Message 6/10             01-Jan-00  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

jondl

You need a device specific driver under Windows to use an Apaptec SCSI card and SoundForge?

Wouldn't that be provided by whomever makes Sound Forge and NOT E-mu? Why would E-mu need to supply a device driver for a 3rd party application after all? Not trying to be a smart ass - just trying to help :-)

In my experience with SCSI transfers on the Mac - the device driver is typically 'built' into the app, i.e., D-SoundPRO supports SCSI transfers to a handful of samplers just as Peak and ReCycle do. That is not the same thing as implementing the SMDI protocol. Use of SMDI implies that both the device manufacturer and software manufacture both adhered to the protocol specification outlined for both SCSI and SMDI.

Which are you trying to use in SoundForge. A device specific SCSI transfer or SMDI? Have you tried using the terribly slooooow SDS (Sample Dump Standard) via MIDI?

regards - and Happy New Year!
jondl

Message 7/10             02-Jan-00  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

dunkin.8

Didn't think I needed a driver from emu but wanted to make sure (trying everything). I've been looking at some other chat/forums and it seems quite a few other people are having this problem with the esi 32 and 4000 series. Seems to be a win98 problem.
System is locking up on boot-up with esi on. With esi off on boot-up,sound forge 4.5 is not recognizing sampler in tool/sampler/configure.
I am using adaptec driver aic78xx. SCSi is showing up in device manager as working proberly. With esi on at boot-up, esi is showing up but screen locks up before loading windows98.
Has anyone found a solution to this problem. One person I know had to go back to win95. I don't want to have to do that.

Message 8/10             13-Jan-00  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

vctribe

there is no driver from emu.

i do successful transfers from my comp running win98 & sound forge to my esi-32 all the time.

its possible, for sure.

Message 9/10             15-Jan-00  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

dunkin.8

Thanks to everyone that helped with this problem. I have it resolved now. Anyone else out there having the same problem with the adaptec cards (or any other scsi card) should download the earlier driver versions. The newer drivers seem to cause win98 to lock-up.
Anyone using adptec 2940's should download the 1.3 driver. The 2.1 and 3.2 may not work.

Message 10/10             14-Jun-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: EMU Es32 and SCSI

m.lindstedt

I have the exactly the same problem as dunkin. But I have a Symtech CI-2520 Fast controller card. The card finds my Quantum external SCSI HD, but not my sampler. Wierd as hell...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)