aaa ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ?? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ??

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             22-Dec-99  @  05:50 PM   -   ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ??

mathewam

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I luv my X but what I would love even more it to b able to hit a pad to trigger my sample loop and not have to hold it down for the loop to continue??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             23-Dec-99  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ??

k

set the amp-envelope to a long release - also, maybe like other samplers the X has a function like: 'play til end of sample' feature you can switch on, dunno if it has that, but the amp-envelope (ADSR) will do it for sure

Message 3/6             24-Dec-99  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ??

druma

hey mathewam dude, luv my X 2, u can do it with the ADSSR (yep k man, its a 5 stage envelope bebe! and three of em')haven't tried it, but thinking about it how would one stop the loop?
I can see this as a kool live feature but u can always just record your actions into the seq i.e. loop the pad loop

Message 4/6             24-Dec-99  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ??

jondl

Link?: Link

Check out pages 29 - 35 of the manual for descriptions of all the envelope parameters. You'll want to make certain that your the Play Mode of your wave is set to LoopForward and, liek K said, play with the AMP EG Release Time.

I have to agree with druma, you are better off trimming your wave to eact bar/beat/measure and then using the sequencer to trigger the loop once for each measure. Otherwsie you'll eventually experience 'drift' is you decide to sequence or syncronize your loops. Even the ASR-X sequencer ;-) can handle this task. In fact, it's quite easy using the step record function.

jondl

Message 5/6             24-Dec-99  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ??

mathewam

I do loop my stuff by triggering with the sequencer but I like to figure out how I wanna sequence them by playing "live" and some times I just run out of fingers. I was kinda hoping that it had a hold function that I somehow over looked. the amp envelope will work but druma is right how do ya stop it ?? oh well I still love my x thanx for the help

Message 6/6             24-Dec-99  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: ASR-X Pad edit how to hold ??

jondl

The answer is obvious: you don't :-( *unless* you don't extend the Release Time; leave it noraml but put leave the loop in loop forward mode and use a sustain pedal to keep the loop playing.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)