aaa SCSI media - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: SCSI media

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             09-Jan-00  @  11:42 PM   -   SCSI media

echohome

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My Esi32 is giving me headaches when I try to use it with my Zip drive. I have tried both PC and Mac formatted Zip disks and every time I try to save to the Zip, which the Esi recognises as a drive, I get a SCSI media error. Also, if I try to format the Zip disk from the Esi I get the same message. Is there a step I'm missing? The manual is no help on this matter.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             10-Jan-00  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: SCSI media

R-Tek

Is your scsi chain terminated properly?

Maybe you`ve suffered the dreaded "click of death".

Message 3/6             10-Jan-00  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: SCSI media

jondl

Link?: Link

I think R-Tek is right on the money.

Double check your SCSI Termination settings. Last time I heard of this problem (with an ASR-X/Zip drive - not an ESI-32) that was exactly it.

Example: My ASR-X is terminated, my Zip drive is NOT terminated, the internal SCSI ID of my Mac is terminated. Both ends of the SCSI chain should be terminated.

There should be a page or two on the correct termination settings in your user manual. If you don't have one, check the E/E site as they recently published many manuals online in PDF format. http://www.emu.com/

good luck,
Jon

Message 4/6             25-Jan-00  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: SCSI media

k

also, tho it maybe irrelevent, E-mu told me to use Apple scsi leads, as some other brands can cause errors...also try setting the zip to a different ID number lower or higher than 6 - that might help

Message 5/6             16-Feb-00  @  09:55 AM   -   E4 and SCSI media

peabreu

I have been experiencing this frustating shit with an E6400ultra (OS 4.02) that seems to be only capable of saving to zips with E4 format but when you try to export as wav or as Aiff to a PC formated zip or to a Mac formated zip it does nothing...just like the emu support...so much talk about akai samplers...this has never been a problem with our akai samplers, because they readily contact with our macs by scsi.
Anyone has a workaround for this?

Message 6/6             16-Feb-00  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: SCSI media

fvicente

Save and load from floppy. E-mu specs have *never* said that you can do this on SCSI media. I agree that E-mu should include this feature in a future EOS version.

If the wav of aiff files are too large for a floppy, you can use a program like Peak or D-Sound Pro to transfer to and from the sampler via SCSI.

HTH

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)