aaa ESI 4000 vs E5000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI 4000 vs E5000

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             09-Feb-00  @  09:18 AM   -   ESI 4000 vs E5000

yams

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I know the e5000 is a better machine but I want to know if the 4000 is as expandable as the 5000. Should i just spend the extra bucks to have the Ultra operating system?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             10-Feb-00  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: ESI 4000 vs E5000

fvicente

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Well, it is expandable but not anywhere near as much as the E5000 or the other Ultra samplers. There is a reason why it costs less - it offers less.

However, I'm not saying that the E5000 is better for you than the ESI4000. If you simply need a sampler to load samples and record samples, then it works just as well. With the E5000, you get the icon-based interface on the screen, the ability to go up to 12 outputs instead of 10, the ability to add the ADAT i/o card, the ability to add the new E-mu R-FX Chip coming out in April, the ability to add the DWAM board which gives you extra midi ports, digital connection and a keyboard input, etc.

It all depends on whether or not you need those or want those or can see yourself spending money on those. Also, the ESI 4000 cannot read EOS sample CD's. Most of the E-mu library that is being created today is based on EOS. However, there are sample CDs out there that are E-III format which, I believe, the ESI can read.

I don't know how much difference in price there is, but for me, I would rather have the options available than not. I can grow in the future with the E5000 where I'd be pretty limited for the future using the ESI4000. Having said that, it does not mean that I would not be able to get any work done on an ESI-4000.

I know it's a little sitting on the fence but I don't think that I can tell you if the extra expense of the E5000 is worth it.

HTH

Fernando

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)