aaa Memory help for E5000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Memory help for E5000

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             22-Feb-00  @  10:48 PM   -   Memory help for E5000

chih39

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone has better luck with other vendors for memory beside the one recommended or from EMU they themselves. I want to maxout the memory size and didnt feel like paying $140 for a 64mb simm... I'd just bought a 64mb simm from some vendor and it only read 16mb for each of the simm module  Please post the site or info where I can purchase compatible rams for the E5000...Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             07-Mar-00  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Memory help for E5000

peat

try Priceline.com
search for the RAM section and the 72 pin SIMMS, they should be pretty darn cheap. I just checked, they we're as low as $69. Somebody correct me if I 'm wrong.
Call some stores and just ask they for 72 pin SIMMS.

peatmos

Message 3/6             23-Mar-00  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Memory help for E5000

phunkytek

with your prob w/the 64mb clip, you must have put the 64 in with a differant sized clip or if by itself put it in the 2nd slot. switch them around so the 64 mb is in the first slot and the smaller one is in slot 2. automatically when using two differant sized clips only half of the 2nd clip is used. IE:I have a 64mb in slot 1 and a 4mb in slot 2. thus I have 66mb installed. The emu can use any standard 72pin simms including fastpage or edo. it doesn't matter as long as it is faster than 70ns, and most ram now is 50ns or 60ns. So go to a computer outlet and buy the cheapest ram they have.

Message 4/6             29-Mar-00  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: Memory help for E5000

chih39

As far as I know is the EMU required a very specific 72pin simm. I had tried to order those 64mb rams, twice from different vendors and the both of them read 32mb total ram(these are 64mb a piece=128mb). They gave me mucho headaches so far, I got the hard drive, cdrom and all ready to go except for the rams that'd been yanking my pee pee around.  And I can't afford the $140-190 that I been told by EMU and it's rediculous to pay for that kind $ for puny 64mb nowaday... Anyone out there had luck with the lower price 64mb module. Please direct me to where you purchased them here in the U.S. ...Thankyou!

Message 5/6             05-Apr-00  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Memory help for E5000

phunkytek

I'm quoting emu's webb page on help. they specifically state you can use any kind of 72pinn simms. including sdram and all edo and fastpage as well. I paid $115 for a 64 mb clip of fast page ram. it is an uncommen type of ram. I bought this kind because that is what was in my sampler when i bought it. when i went to the Emu-webb site i stumbbled onto the ram section under help, and it stated that any ram should work. When ordering your ram from an outlet, ask for fastpage 50-60nanosec. Now that ram prices are back down it should be cheaper. You should hook up with 128 for under $200.

Message 6/6             10-Apr-00  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: Memory help for E5000

lqdsnddist

64meg simms chips are expensive. They arnet to common anymore, since most pc's are using sdram. whats worse, 64meg configuration isnt called for very often, most people only need like 16meg chips. Of course since emu only gave 2 slots, you dont have many options

look up Data Memory Systems. I got 2 64meg chips for $198 !! sure beats the $180 and such that i see other places charge

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)