aaa problems with EIII - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: problems with EIII

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             04-Mar-00  @  07:01 PM   -   problems with EIII

menshevick

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

PLEASE HELP!
I just purchased an EIII. I noticed that it wouldn't sample (that is, I would set everything up, go to arm sampling, and it would go back to the sample setup main menu, when I tried force sampling, it would only sample for a fraction of a second). In all my wisdom I thought that maybe the software was corrupted... So I erased the software on the hard drive thinking that surely I could boot it off of one of the disks sent with the unit. I inserted the disk labled EIII 2.42, the EIII scanned the drives and didn't get past "Emulator III firmware V. 2.0". I inserted the disk labled EIII 2.1, this time is displayed "booting from floppy, version 2.1" then "checking scsi 1...2...3...4..5...6...7" and then it would start over... Thinking that the disks had gone bad in transit, I D/Led the OS from www.emuarc.com with teledisk. I did the same thing with this disk as I just described (only this time it shows that it's v2.42). Now, I gone through the internals of the EIII, checked every connection, un-plugged and re-plugged, cleaned the connectors for the mainboard, and couldn't find anything obviously wrong... I noticed that the scsi isn't terminated, I'll go home and put a terminator on it asap, but somehow I doubt this will change anything CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!?!?!?!

thank you
robin

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             01-Apr-00  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: problems with EIII

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Contact E-mu.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)