aaa ESI 4000 synthesis? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI 4000 synthesis?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             07-Apr-00  @  05:38 PM   -   ESI 4000 synthesis?

Rzo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can anyone tell me the extent of th eESI 4000 synthesis system? I know the E6400 flys when it comes to synthesis. Do the ESI''s match up? Also can someone tell me what is so bad about the FX chip in the Ultras? (I heard they are crap)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             07-Apr-00  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: ESI 4000 synthesis?

Defector Z

I'm not sure that I can compare the two you asked about, but as an ESI4000 owner, I think that you will find the E6400 is a little more powerful synthesis wise. The 4k is pretty good though - I mainly use it as a beat box so alot of the synthesis is lost on me. I will say that the FX chip on the 4k is decent. I have found that the reverbs leave alot to be desired, but the rest of the fx are good. The filters on the 4k are very good as well. There is alot to choose from. Decent box. Wish I had waited another 3 months to buy mine and I would have paid 800 US for it.

Message 3/8             08-Apr-00  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: ESI 4000 synthesis?

Rzo

Anyone else want to comment on the ESI 4000 synthesis? I have not been able to find any stats on the net. How many LFO's and EG's? Same filters as 6400?
I am curious because I have been offered an ESI 4000 with Turbo Option, Zip, and 32 MB for 900. What do you think?

Message 4/8             09-Apr-00  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: ESI 4000 synthesis?

Defector Z

That's a pretty good price. I paid 1400 for mine a few months ago and it had only 4mb of RAM. Which is plenty for me. There is one LFO on the ESI4000. I would highly suggest that you download the user manual. It's in PDF and has a wealth of info. It is not sych'd to MIDI though, so that may be problem for you. For me it isn't. Others find it to be annoying.

Message 5/8             09-Apr-00  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: ESI 4000 synthesis?

Ison

4Mb plenty???
Should have bought a drum Machine.

Message 6/8             09-Apr-00  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: ESI 4000 synthesis?

Defector Z

Got one o' them too. ER-1. :-)

Message 7/8             14-Apr-00  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: ESI 4000 synthesis?

4000 user

Link?: Link

well ive had one for a couple of years good sound quality, up tp 128 megs of memory ive got 32 in mine, excellent filters 3 envelopes per preset amp, filter, and assignable loads of offline dsp like multiple time stretch and pitch shift, sample rate conversion,looping is good with options to obtain glitch free looping,the Lfo is mean though 1 per preset and no midi sync,fx chip clean and with some experimenting totally usable just use it on 1 or 2 sounds at a time and ive found it a worthy addition,an excellent crisp sounding good bass end sampler, filters that crap on everyone elses filters and loads of outputs with turbo exspansion digital in and out,if you know a little about synths then even though the larger samplers from emu have more capabilities these still impress me with there quality and sound creation possibilities,
verdit an excellent powerful sampler.

Message 8/8             16-Apr-00  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: ESI 4000 synthesis?

ivan

Actually it has 1 LFO and 3 envs per layer in a patch. The esi has decent synthesis capabilities, all the basics and a few other things (like vel->sample start). You can control lots of things with velocity and realtime controllers, not as much as in the EOS series, but enough to make most synth sounds.

The fx isn't bad, but it isn't good either. The fx are kind of cold and of less quality than many low-end fx boxes, like the Lexicon MPX100. It's not worth the money they're charging for it, that's the problem.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)