aaa ESI4000 and SCSI/USB problems - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI4000 and SCSI/USB problems

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             10-Apr-00  @  05:08 PM   -   ESI4000 and SCSI/USB problems

hlobilm

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello all,

Ok im in uncharted territory, and would like some advice. I recently picked up a used ESI4000 and would like to connect it to my computer. I only had IDE HDs and no more IRQs left for SCSI anything. So I thought, I have 2 USB ports, Ill get a USB to SCSI converter and connect to my computer that way. Problem is, is that I cannot recognize the sampler from my computer or vice versa. All the SCSI can see is my DVD rom and my CDRW drives, no HD at all. Is there a driver or utility that I can use to fix this? I've tried just about everything, and I dont want to have to buy a whole new computer just to use this damn sampler. Help please.

Kelmanik

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             11-Apr-00  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: ESI4000 and SCSI/USB problems

R-Tek

I`m not sure if the emu will communicate through USB at all, even with an adaptor. What is it you`re trying 2 do though? Dump samples to/from the emu and PC? Or, control the emu so u can sequence the samples you`ve loaded into it?

If its the latter, then u dont need a scsi/usb connection at all - you`ll need a midi interface and communicate with it through a midi sequencer. If there really is no way u can add another board due 2 IRQ resource limitations, then pick up a joystick/midi cable and u can use that.

Message 3/4             11-Apr-00  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: ESI4000 and SCSI/USB problems

Kelmanik

I want to be able to dump samples from the pc to the emu and vice versa. Sequencing the samples, yes, I plan to use midi, and I've got that part figured out. Its just I cant get the samples that I want, into the sampler, (midi dump is WAAAY to slow for the samples im using.) Im thinking an adaptec SCSI board might be the way to go, though Im going to have a mess with this irq stuff.

Message 4/4             13-Apr-00  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: ESI4000 and SCSI/USB problems

k

i'm a bit confused... you say: 'All the SCSI can see is my DVD rom and my CDRW drives'... dont get it?... these are ide devices yes?... so what i want to oknow is.. what 'scsi' is it you are refering to that can only see the dvdrom and cdrw?...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)