aaa how do you like your e 5000's - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: how do you like your e 5000's

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             19-Apr-00  @  11:15 PM   -   how do you like your e 5000's

macafam

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im thinking about getting the e 5000 any comments?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             24-Apr-00  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Rzo

Same here, Im conisidering one myself. $1400 for one with 64MB, (look in musician's friend) Seems like a great sampler.

Message 3/16             24-Apr-00  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

druma

isn't it like all the other ultras, just striped down and no baclit LCD?

Message 4/16             02-May-00  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Rzo

Yeah its stripped down but it rocks. The only downside is that its polyphony cannot be expanded. But 64 voices is plenty as far as Im concerned. Its shipped with less RAM too. About the LCD... it is backlit, just not the light neon blue like all the other Ultras. The bottom line is that it IS an Emulator and it sounds superb!

Message 5/16             02-May-00  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Rzo

Yeah its stripped down but it rocks. The only downside is that its polyphony cannot be expanded. But 64 voices is plenty as far as Im concerned. Its shipped with less RAM too. About the LCD... it is backlit, just not the light neon blue like all the other Ultras. The bottom line is that it IS an Emulator and it sounds superb!

Message 6/16             02-May-00  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

r-tek

my 6400s great, dont sleep on the Yams though.

Message 7/16             02-May-00  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

k-l

I just purchased an EMU 5000. Still learning the OS, but the thing sounds great. I'm surprised how much better things sound once they are sampled into the unit. Decent library on CDRom as well. Try NovaMusik.com for a good price.

Message 8/16             04-May-00  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Rzo

Thats where I got mine... Should be here on Tuesday  

Message 9/16             05-May-00  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

macfam

Nova musik is not that great of a deal.Anybody else know where the e5000 is advertised for cheaper?

Message 10/16             05-May-00  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

lqdsnddist

the e5000 display is just as good as the elctrolumicent blue ones, its actually easier to see from more angles and easier on the eyes

the blue does look cool though

Message 11/16             07-May-00  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Rzo

Macfam, did you call them? It says 1400 on the website, but I got mine for 1300 flat, free shipping. I think thats a pretty decent deal.! (?) I think it beats the hell out of the 1200 akai, for the money. You may be able to pick one up s/h somewhere, but theyre not something people sell alot..

Message 12/16             08-May-00  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Macafam

Just ordered one for 1229 on a five month payment plan with no interest.Let you guys know how I like it.

Message 13/16             09-May-00  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Rzo

From Novamusik? or where?

Message 14/16             11-May-00  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

Rzo

Just got mine TODAY!!! Oh my god what a beutiful box! I loaded a couple loops into it just to play with the filters... damn! Juicy and rich, great bottom end! Macfam, let me know what you think of yours!

Message 15/16             27-May-00  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

sitar

Link?:  Link

Just thought I'd add this. I have the 4XT Ultra. I think the E series are great. The only reason anyone would need more than 64 voice polyphony would be to do full orchestral stuff I imagine. I might do that someday and it was cheaper to do the full package at once than to upgrade later. EMU samplers are great.

Message 16/16             07-Jun-00  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: how do you like your e 5000's

chris

Link?:  Link

I think it's a fantastic machine - really happy with mine.

Should be even better when the RFX-32 board becomes available.

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)