aaa ESI-2000 lack of graphical display - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             25-Apr-00  @  04:14 AM   -   ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

Neil

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm (still) looking at getting my first h/w sampler. The ESI2000 looks like a good deal but will the lack of graphical display be a real hinderance?

I have a PC with SCSI so i imagine I can do the editing there but not having ever done this I don't understand the importance of it..

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             26-Apr-00  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

krud

Link?: Link

i'm using esi2000 w/my pc on scsi chain. and there are a couple good programs you can use to manipulate samples and send/receive with the esi. soundforge is the one i use. there is also a utility prog that's pretty good called esi-win. you can save samples on to your windows drives as .wav and re-arrange banks, etc.

Message 3/9             28-Apr-00  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

Neil

Thanks mate

I am SCSI'd up so I guess is it not such a problem. How are you getting on with it? Sound good?

Did you get the Turbo card?

Did you get it in the UK? If so, how much?

Thx

Message 4/9             28-Apr-00  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

Frostbyte

ESI-WIN ?

A link to a review would be nice. Haven't found anything on it.

Thanks

Message 5/9             14-May-00  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

EMAILSUCKS98

Hey There
I recently aquired an esi-32 which I tricked out with max. ram, 3.02 O/S, etc. I think you will find that with a scsi PC chain and soundforge (or something similar) you won't really be looking at the LCD very much. I've had a few samplers and am really impressed with the ESI series, especially now that you can get them so cheap. Beware that you will need a specific SCSI card driver if you use adaptec SCSI cards, see the emulator Archive link for more info....

Message 6/9             18-May-00  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

Frostbyte

check the link for Esi-Win

http://www.simplydata.ndirect.co.uk/ESi-Win/

Message 7/9             13-Jun-00  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

neoavatar

I am new to samplers and Im looking
at getting an ESI2000 as my first
sampler. Any advice? Im also using
my iMac DV with cubase vst. iMas's
dont have SCSI. Will there be any
way for me to send samples back
and forth from the ESI2000 and my
iMac????

Message 8/9             28-Jun-00  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

hajee

will ap cd also be good as your onlu means of storage? I mean to store wav, samples, programs whatever? (i'm not realy into EMUspeak)

later

Bastiaan

Message 9/9             29-Jun-00  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: ESI-2000 lack of graphical display

ggehiere

In response to Neoavatar, my fellow Mac
user:

Get a USB to SCSI adapter for your
sampler, and an extra SCSI HD to put in
your sampler for storing banks (don't
pay more than $50US for the HD... get it
used.)

Unless you have a ZIP drive in your
sampler, and another ZIP drive for your
Mac, there's no other way of loading
samples efficiently.

For sending samples, you can use D-SOUND
Pro, ReCycle or SoundDiver.

Best of luck, and feel free to email me
if you need any hel

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)