aaa asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Apr-00  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

r-tek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK, I dont have an ASR but have u terminated the zip drive? And also, what version OS r u running? U may have an older one that dont support zips so it might b worth taking a mission over 2 the website.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             15-Apr-00  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

r-tek

ummmmmmm......thats bizarre - this threads upside down  

Message 3/7             03-May-00  @  07:38 PM   -   asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

carnifex

- I just bought an Iomega zip 100 drive for my asr-x pro and what do you know,it won't work.I've been trying to save some sounds to it but when it scans for scsi id it will scan all the way through and then ask me if I want to scan scsi id again.I've set the scsi id to 5 and it didn't work ,so I tried 6 still didn't work.Someone please help me.

Message 4/7             04-May-00  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

carnifex

I have scsi termination selected on the asr-x. I went to the emu website and downloaded the new os for the asr.It's supposed to automatically identify the new flash os on start up but it doesn't.So I tried loading files from disk.It says no readable files. Oh ,and upon reading the manual over again I noticed that the scsi id you choose for the asr has to be anything but the number 5 and 6.

Message 5/7             04-May-00  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

jondl

Link?: Link

R-tek is on the money. The older 'black' ASR-X must be at os 2.62 for reliable SCSI transfers. v2.67 is the latest (and last) OS for the 'black box'. Double check your termination settings are correct AND you may want to open up the X and double check the SCSI card itself is seated correctly, i.e., tight fit. The latter is not unheard of. All else fails, try a different SCSI cable.

regards,
jondl

Message 6/7             04-May-00  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

carnifex

I just found on an asr site that the asr-x pro has to be upgraded to 3.4 before it will transfer correctly.I will attempt to get an answer from ensoniq why the 3.4 OS I downloaded won't read from the disk.I also discovered that I was plugging the cable into the printer thru port on the zip drive. Now I need a fifty pin scsi cable with an end to fit the zip port. I went to my local computer store and they don't carry them.Anyone know where I can order one off the net?Thanks

Message 7/7             05-May-00  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: asr-x pro won't work with zip drive!!

damballah

Link?: Link

From somebody who deals a lot of mac stuff. Go to the address above and click the Mac button. There's also MacZone and MacMall.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)