aaa esi4k reading files from a sample editor? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             14-Jun-00  @  12:45 PM   -   esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

ausar7

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

watsup
i have a esi4k the manual says it can only read emu files and some akai so if im using sound forge or wave surgeon
how do i get the sample to read in my esi ?
pleaseexcuse my ignorance!
sunra

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             14-Jun-00  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

Defector Z

Link?: Link

Hey -

If you have a SCSI connection, I think you can send them that way. If you haev an optical out from your card and you have the Turbo ESI4k, that would work. Otherwise, I think that you would have to go analog and sample the audio directly from your soundcard.

Message 3/11             15-Jun-00  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

Frostbyte

I might put my foot in my mouth again but... I think even through SCSI, the Emu will only read propriatery(?), well it's own format and Akai S1000. You will need to convert. Esi-win can do that, i'll go dig the link.

Message 4/11             15-Jun-00  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

F.

Link?: Link

there you go;

http://www.simplydata.ndirect.co.uk/ESi-Win

Message 5/11             15-Jun-00  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

ausar7

dank u
peace

Message 6/11             16-Jun-00  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

Defector Z

You can't load .wav using a scsi connection? You've got be fucking kidding me. That's a real pisser.

Message 7/11             16-Jun-00  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

ausar7

peace
u can load using scsi but esi4k only under esi and some akai formats pretty weak.not ot mention it being an epic pain in the "arse" to resample everything ouch!!!

Message 8/11             16-Jun-00  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

Frostbyte

I told you I would put my foot in my mouth ! Of course you can transfer .wav through SCSI, How in hell do I send loops made in Fruity to the ESI. Doh! I'm such a loony. What the Esi can't do is read .wav located on floppys or on HD that are not formatted to Emu's propriatery (that word agai!)format (or Akai s1000). The SCSI dump works fine. Sorry for the misleading. Actually i'm very good at that, the reason why I usually keep it shut  

Message 9/11             16-Jun-00  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

ausar7

so frostbyte how do u get your esi to understand your fruityloops and other wav files

Message 10/11             16-Jun-00  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

Frostbyte

Render pattern to wave in Fruity. Open it in SF or any audio editor that can do SCSI sample dump. If you use Sound Forge, go to Tools, then sampler and adjust bias sample # or something (can't remember what it's called) so you don't overwrite any samples already there. I,ll give you a better explanation when I get home.

Message 11/11             17-Jun-00  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: esi4k reading files from a sample editor?

F.

it's logical send/receive, don't ask me where I got bias from.  =

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)