aaa asrx and syjet drive problem - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: asrx and syjet drive problem

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             24-Jun-00  @  12:22 AM   -   asrx and syjet drive problem

carnifex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just got a syquest syjet scsi drive to use with my asrx. I connect the drive
to the asr-x. I then power up the asr-x.
The settings on the asr-x are: termination:on, scsi id:2. I then power up the syjet. Its id is set to 4. When I try to scan scsi devices to save sounds it scans ,recognizes scsi id 4 but then says scsi id 4:not ready. Please help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             24-Jun-00  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: asrx and syjet drive problem

jondl

Link?: Link

Assuming the SyJet and ASR-X are the only two devices in the SCSI chain then the SyJet and ASR-X both need to be terminated. If there are more than those two devices on the SCSI chain then the 1st and last both need to be terminated, i.e., PC (terminated) + SyJet (not terminated) + ASR-X (terminated).

jondl

Message 3/7             26-Jun-00  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: asrx and syjet drive problem

carnifex

The asrx is terminated and the manual for the syjet says that it terminates itself.I just have the syjet plugged into the asrx.Now the disk ejects itself out of the drive a couple of seconds after inserting it so I can't even use it. I think I might have a faulty disk.

Message 4/7             27-Jun-00  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: asrx and syjet drive problem

fvicente

Hi,

Try powering up the Syjet first with the disk inserted. I don't have an ASR-X myself but I use a Syjet with an E-mu E-5000 Ultra and it works fine. I always power up the Syjet first and the E-mu recognizes it. There is no need to re-scan it afterwards then.

Syjets are a little flakey, I must admit. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably go with a regular hard drive internally (or in an external case) and archive to CD. Sometimes mine will spit out after a few seconds as well. I simply push the cartridge back in and then it behaves. Try that.

Good luck,
Fernando

Message 5/7             27-Jun-00  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: asrx and syjet drive problem

jondl

I have to agree with Fernando regarding a fixed hard drive being preferable to removable media. I've learned the hardway how to coexists peacfully with my Mac/ASR-X/Zip drive but in retrospect I wish I'd kept my old, spare SCSI HD for the ASR-X rather than the Zip :-( Oh well...

jondl

Message 6/7             27-Jun-00  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: asrx and syjet drive problem

carnifex

What drives do you recommend that are compatible with the asrx.Maybe I'll just sell the syjet on ebay.
Thanks.

Message 7/7             28-Jun-00  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: asrx and syjet drive problem

jondl

Did you try out Fernando's recommendation for using the SyJet? Did it work out?

Check the compatible drive list for Ensoniq gear at http://www.emu.com/ or http://www.chickensys.com/ or http://www.soundcentral.com/

FYI I finally posted some ASR-X 1-SOUNDS on my page - a pair of Drum Kits. Check for more 1-SOUNDS next month.

jondl

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)