aaa Extreme lead crap or what? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Extreme lead crap or what?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             15-Jul-00  @  09:04 PM   -   Extreme lead crap or what?

breakerbox

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Het i have the main discussion on music tech forum so could you guys check it out its under same heading.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             01-Sep-00  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

opus636

Link?: Link

these folks sell the extreme lead for only $609.00 ! great price as far as i can tell. tell em i sent ya. the person i talked to is Rob Timmons. there phone # is 415-957-9131

Message 3/9             01-Sep-00  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

opus636

these folks sell the extreme lead for only $609.00 ! great price as far as i can tell. tell em i sent ya. the person i talked to is Rob Timmons. there phone # is 415-957-9131

Message 4/9             02-Sep-00  @  05:46 AM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

breakerbox

Link?:  Link

if i only had the money.

Message 5/9             18-Sep-00  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

zipbeep

Link?:  No link

Not crap. Some good presets. Some have to be messed with. XL-1 good realtime Drum&Bass machine. Can play it against the Phatt or the MC-505 or the QS8 HipHop card.

Message 6/9             28-Sep-00  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

Doddi

Is it easy to use in multimode? With the small display I mean.

Message 7/9             13-Oct-00  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

qww

I really like mine, but they should have named it xtreme rythym. There are jillions of things you can do with with the onboard rotating arps and pads. Lots of drums and pulsating patterns but it really has few biting lead sounds at all. For the price it is an awesome instrument and does things more expensive synths don't do, but seering lead sounds is not its specialty in my opinion. Maybe if they made a really cool expansion board for it and called it vintage leads and filled it with 512 presets of nothing but cool biting leads that tear through a mix then the title x treme lead would be apt. I would recommend the unit for anyone who digs techno but listen to it b4 u buy or you might be dissapointed. Of course you might get more out of it if your willing to devote a few hundred hours to programming it as with any synth.

Message 8/9             05-Nov-00  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

Holm1

I've had mine for about 3 months now and couldn't agree more to what QWW wrote regarding the sounds.
An exellent piece of equipment at a fair price, BUT not to be called Extreme-LEAD! there are simply to many
patches filled up with weird drum programs, and practically only 1 bank (out of 4)of usefull synth sounds.
So yes a new expansion board would be
great, if I haven't sold mine before then....

Message 9/9             18-Dec-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead crap or what?

djparadigmatic

Well, I've been to Guitar Center a few times and played with the XL-1, and I am proud to say I'm going to buy one for Christmas. I really did like this thing. God Bless...DJ P

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)