aaa E5000 Outputs - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: E5000 Outputs

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             02-Aug-00  @  05:21 PM   -   E5000 Outputs

fourply69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am thinking about buying a second hand E5000 and I want to know how many outputs it has. The manual says four but is this stereo or mono? Anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Aug-00  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: E5000 Outputs

r-tek

they`ll be stereo, theres no official mono-outs a la akai, but if you assign 2 sounds to the same pair of outputs and then pan one sound hard left, and the other hard right internally, then you`ve got mono outs. Be warned that 4 outs aint really a lot tho, you can get by on em, but you might soon be looking the output expansion which is $$$$$$$. Great samplers mind, should be even better when emu pull their finger out and release eos4.5.

Message 3/4             03-Aug-00  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: E5000 Outputs

fvicente

You can always add the extra output expansion if it is too little for you. That'll add 8 more analog outputs for a total of 12 (6 stereo pairs or 12 monos if you use the panning method).

If you have a digital mixer or an adat card for your computer, there is an adat expansion which gives you 16 outputs. Keep in mind that these are digital. I also don't know if these 16 outputs are addressable at the same time or if you have to select which 8 to use at a time (ie ADAT-A or ADAT-B).

HTH,
Fernando

Message 4/4             05-Aug-00  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: E5000 Outputs

fourply69

Nice one chaps, but I recon I'll go for an E6400 instead.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)