aaa ESI sampler SCSI troubleshooter - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI sampler SCSI troubleshooter

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             09-Aug-00  @  04:40 PM   -   ESI sampler SCSI troubleshooter

Mr X ( Secret Agent Man )

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

1. If you have a Adaptec SCSI card, make sure you use the older drivers, 1.3 will do, dunno bout the newer ones.

2. Make sure no device have the same ID number.

3. Make sure you have a newer OS. If you have a old one like 1.04, the SCSI wont work, and the timing will also be pucked up. So use a newer OS.

If these guidelines dont work, try to hook the devices up in another way, remove some devices from the chain, etc...

And remember: this message have never been posted, and remember nothing!  

Mr X

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Aug-00  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: ESI sampler SCSI troubleshooter

dial0g

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

How convenient, I was needing some info about SCSI and my ESI2k and couldn't find anything in past threads, so I'll just steal yours...

Anyways, SCSI between the ESI and my computer works fine. The problem is I hafta turn the ESI on before the computer, otherwise, it just turns all the characters on on the display (black blocks) and sits there doing nothing. Also, when I turn the computer on, the LED's on the front panel of the ESI kind of halfway light up. The only way to get the ESI to boot up is to unplug the SCSI cable and then replug it after it boots. Its not a driver issue as this happens even before the computer starts to boot any OS, and I've tried setting the SCSI settings (the Avoid Host on ID setting in particular) to the ID of my SCSI card (or what Adaptec says it is) and even tried setting it to other ids that the card might be if they were wrong. Is this normal or is something wrong?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)