aaa ESI & SCSI Quirk - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI & SCSI Quirk

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             14-Aug-00  @  11:39 PM   -   ESI & SCSI Quirk

dial0g

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

[This was posted in the SCSI Troubleshooting thread, but I felt I was getting no responses due to it being a little off topic]

I'm having a problem with my ESI 2000 and SCSI. SCSI between the ESI and my computer works fine. The problem is I hafta turn the ESI on before the computer, otherwise, it just turns all the characters on on the display (black blocks) and sits there doing nothing. Also, when I turn the computer on, the LED's on the front panel of the ESI kind of halfway light up. The only way to get the ESI to boot up is to unplug the SCSI cable and then replug it after it boots. Its not a driver issue as this happens even before the computer starts to boot any OS, and I've tried setting the SCSI settings (the Avoid Host on ID setting in particular) to the ID of my SCSI card (or what Adaptec says it is) and even tried setting it to other ids that the card might be if they were wrong. Is this normal or is something wrong?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             15-Aug-00  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: ESI & SCSI Quirk

Bante

Link?:  No link

Hmm....well I can tell you that your sampler isnt acting the way it should...

Try talk to EMU...

I have never heard of this problem...but hang in there, I know how it feels like when a technical difficulties stops your creativity....sux big time

Message 3/6             15-Aug-00  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: ESI & SCSI Quirk

dial0g

Thanks for the info, I was wanting to hear from a source I can rely on rather than have E-Mu possibly tell me "That's normal" (I havn't heard great things about their tech support)

Message 4/6             16-Aug-00  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: ESI & SCSI Quirk

siva

Call them, don't email them. I talked to a tech in a matter of minutes when I called.

Justin

Message 5/6             16-Aug-00  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: ESI & SCSI Quirk

dial0g

Hmm, I'll have to tomorrow (still no reply on e-mails and I'm not really expecting a reply anytime soon...), was waiting to see if I could find anyone online that experienced the same problem (I havn't) before calling. I _HATE_ having to send gear in to be repaired tho, took Sweetwater some 3 months to fix a defective slider on my QS6.1...

Message 6/6             31-Aug-00  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: ESI & SCSI Quirk

influx

Emu tech is A) VERY cool and helpful, and B, pretty darn fast.

but..they also authorize people elsewhere, so..where are you?

but dont bother emailing them. call them.

imagine how many emails they get, man. you will get a person in less than 5 minutes on the phone and they, like I said. are VERY helpful...

sounds like you got a prob there...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)