aaa ESI 2000 , wav - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI 2000 , wav

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             19-Aug-00  @  11:03 PM   -   ESI 2000 , wav?

isaiahbeats

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Does the ESI 2000 take wav files?
Can I edit them (wav files) on my pc and transfer them back to the ESI 2000?

thanks
Isaiah

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Aug-00  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: ESI 2000 , wav

Fresh Pants

Link?: Link

Yes and no.
The ESI samplers do not natively take .wav files. But through the miracle of SCSI samples can be transferred to and from the sampler ad infinitum. You can also do MIDI sample dumps, but I'd highly recommend against that since it takes all night to dump a sample of a few hundred K. Sound Forge, Wavelab, ReCycle, and Wave Surgeon are all capable of sending SCSI samples. Sound Forge and Wavelab will allow for powerful sample editing. Wave Surgeon and ReCycle will allow you to slice and dice your samples then send them out. I'd have to recommend Wave Surgeon over ReCycle though. It's cheaper and has a cool time slice feature which allows you to slice the sample (ie drum loop) into 8/16/32 equal parts. Great for DnB.
For reference I have an ESI-32, which is essentially the same sampler, but without the same amount of available RAM or polyphony.

Check previous articles about ESI-32 and ESI-4000 samplers for some SCSI troubleshooting tips. They're very helpful and full of good info.

FP

Message 3/5             20-Aug-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: ESI 2000 , wav

dial0g

There is also a program called ESI-Win which (I _THINK_) lets you copy wav's to a ESI formatted floppy for use. Search around for the URL (I don't remember it) to download it, its free. I havn't been able to use it however since I use Win2k and it doesn't support NT :\

Message 4/5             20-Aug-00  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: ESI 2000 , wav

isaiahbeats

Thanks for the info.

A friend of mine has a akai s2000 (max 32meg)and he is able to transfer files back and forth so easy. He is also able to move sounds(files) to any key(note) using some program that came with the akai.
The ESI is better though because you can max it out to 124meg (wow)
Decisions, decisions, what do I do?

For the last 3 years I have been using a emax 2 w/ a zip drive. It has crashed on me a few times and trashed the disk , costing time and frustration.

What do you use to save your files(and backup)?
What are the ESI files called?

Thanks for your input
Isaiah

Message 5/5             20-Aug-00  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: ESI 2000 , wav

dial0g

Well you can use that ESI-Win program to help save your banks and stuff (or atleast thats what I think it lets you do, havn't used it), but _CURRENTLY_ I just use SCSI to transfer my samples to my computer using WaveLab. I am eventually going to move over to a harddrive (I have an old 4 gig SCSI drive) as soon as I buy a external box for it (been looking at a Glyph rack enclosure that will also house a CD-ROM drive). Also, I've heard that the program used to edit the Akai programs (MESA) is _VERRY_ buggy, maybe they've fixed it, but I was always told not to consider it a feature as it wasn't reliable at all.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)