aaa Need help w/envelops and midi - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Need help w/envelops and midi

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             31-Aug-00  @  03:33 PM   -   Need help w/envelops and midi

phunkytek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have an e-6400 os 3. I never realy figured out hoe to adjust the attack and release and decay in the preset edit sections. I want to set up the envelops, but changes in the amp and lfo/aux have no effect? I was able to adjust the release using vrlsenv in the destination, and messing around in the lfo/aux section, but it had no effect on presets with loops. The manual does't get into detail on this.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             31-Aug-00  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

influx

Link?:  Link

not sure what youre getting at, but you have to go into cords and assign

amp envelope to amp volume. Try 100% first to get max results,

then go and adjust asdr, etc.

now..with looping stuff...it should still work I would think...

can you be more specific?

Message 3/9             01-Sep-00  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

phunkytek

specificly, when I'm in preset edit in the amp section , I get no change in attack or release when i mess with the attack and release settings. I need to create presets and set the initial adsr and then adjust it with midi. There is also an envelope section under lfo/aux with which I was able to attain some release manipulation with the venvrls as the destination w/controler 25 as the source, but it did not work on a looped presets. I want to hold down a key and have it sustain,(loop) and when I release it finsh out the rest of the sample, but be able to ajust it's decay with midi.I understand the chords section, but there are a couple of release and attack destinations, so which do i use?

Message 4/9             01-Sep-00  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

influx

man..I dont get it.

sorry.

you want to use controllers to adjust say, amp envelope decay?

you could assign...I think theres a cord for this...release velo to ampenvelope decay time...

but the FIRST cord you have to use is AMP ENVELOPE to AMP volume i think it is. you have to assign the envelope to the amp itself.

you dont need to use the aux envelope. you could, but its not necessary...

Im sorry if Im not gettin your ? or giving an answer. Im not quite that good at readin stuff and bein able to respond. too bad were not in person Im sure I could help you out/

Message 5/9             01-Sep-00  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

phunkytek

no problem . I've made some ground. I had to turn off the "loop in release" funtion in the sample edit section to get the release to sustain. I think you meant volume envelop to amp vol. It also works with vel to amp volume, and then you use midi A-H to destinations Vol. env attck, or release to adjust it with controlers. Thanks, I do get some unwanted pops when a sample is retrigered before the sample has played all the way out. I tried to adjust velocity, and attack with no results. It changes if I move the loop points around. It is a bass patch I made from a stomper kickbass tone I have it looped so it will sustain and release nicely , but when played laggato it pops on the envelop attack. I have tried setting it to glide to and it glides ok, but still pops. At a loss?

Message 6/9             02-Sep-00  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

influx

hmmmmm.

Ive had bass sounds pop..but more on analog stuff and I just set the attack a little less abrupt...

but..since you have a sound looping...it might have to do with where its starting in the cycle...

amp attack doesnt work?

how about putting a slight fade on the start of the sample? no...that would fuck up the looping sound.

shit. with as little help as I am youd think I dont know how to use my damn E4!!!!

Message 7/9             02-Sep-00  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

phunkytek

no prob, I e-mailed emu tech. They usually take about a week , but they are really thorough. I just started using these sounds I created months ago useing stomper and wavelab test tones. I've simply used the unit for drums until now.

Message 8/9             03-Sep-00  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

influx

EOS for drums only!?!?!?!?! OUCH!!!

hehe. you need to get some shit goin! 

send me some CDs and Ill copy you some Emu stuff

Message 9/9             04-Sep-00  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: Need help w/envelops and midi

phunkytek

Cool, What do you have. My e-6400 was the floor model and it came with 540 megs of stuff on the internal HD, but I had another digital synth and so I really did not use the synth parts much. Most of the patches are lower quality and sound thin. It takes alot of time to load up, and the midi implimentation is not as straight fwrd as a synth. I'm a lot more comfortable with it now. I've used it for sampling my vocoder, some strings, and pianos. I really need more sounds. I'd love some quality orchestral stuff, and the more drums, the better. I generaly make drum kits by type. Kick patches, snare patches, and route them to seperate outs. I could also use some voice or goblin type stuff for backing tracks. What ever you got, I'll take. E-mail me and I'll send some money for CD's and shipping.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)