aaa esi 32 connecting to zip - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: esi 32 connecting to zip

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-Sep-00  @  04:48 PM   -   esi 32 connecting to zip

pulaski

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi.

i have an esi 32 and i just purchased an external scsi zip drive. problem is, the connectors do not match. i went to the store and they have no such adapters (25 pin scsi to >>>whatever is on the back of esi..50 pin but different type). so i want to buy an adapter online but the descriptions are really vague and i since i can't actually look at the damn thing i'm not sure if i will be buying the right one. anyone out there have an esi32 hooked up to an external zip? what kind of adpater do you use? please be specific so i can find that specific part on the web. thanks a lot for your help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             01-Oct-00  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: esi 32 connecting to zip

Fresh Pants

I have an ESI-32 hooked up to an external SCSI ZIP and it. I think I found my cable (dunno about adapters, but I'd rather have specific cables) at your generic computer store. You could try a store that stocks Mac parts since they were 25pin SCSI. Make sure it's a SCSI cable though. The part that I don't like about my set up is that I had to buy a mini-50 pin SCSI adapter for my 'pooter to the ZIP, it costs more than the SCSI adapter. (granted I bought the cheapest SCSI card, but still..) Getting back to the point, take a trip to your local computer parts store and check around. I found that only 1 out of 6 people I asked actually knew anything about computer equipment.

FP

Message 3/5             16-Oct-00  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: esi 32 connecting to zip

influx

Link?:  Link

Db25 to centronics 50 pin. thats the one you want. the zip is the DB25, and the ESI is the centronics.

cable should only run you about $25 max...try ebay if you dont mind waitin

Message 4/5             19-Oct-00  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: esi 32 connecting to zip

pulaski

thanks a lot. just what i was lookin for. got one comin to me soon. $8.95 Belkin brand.

Message 5/5             20-Oct-00  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: esi 32 connecting to zip

influx

Link?:  Link

sweet deal. youre gonna be amazed at the speed compared to those god damn floppies!!!!!

Hey...oh never mind you have a 32. sorry. got TONS of sounds but your 32 wont read them I think. theyre for the 4000?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)